Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default whats after Jelly Bean?

Would delete if I could. Sorry if I upset anyone.
    Last edited by tqtdjim; 01-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Default Re: whats after Jelly Bean?

Quote Originally Posted by tqtdjim View Post
    Given that the US market appears to be that last place Samsung will release updates I was wondering what the next Android OS release will be and if anyone has any idea when it may become available.

I'm seriously considering dumping the unsupported Note 10.1 and am wanting to know what may be on the horizon.
    After Jellybean is done? Key Lime Pie is rumored to be next.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

That's it. After Jelly Bean Google is stopping all development of Android. *tongue firmly in cheek*

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    That's it. After Jelly Bean Google is stopping all development of Android. *tongue firmly in cheek*

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    ...... What did I just read....? Then..... Who will keep android alive...?

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    avenuePad likes this.

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Please tell me people are not that gullible?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Please tell me people are not that gullible?
    I was hoping he was just goofing around, playing the part. I'm still holding out hope that's the case. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by avenuePad; 01-15-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    Thanked by:
    indestructibleguy and mhinc like this.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

after Jellybean? Likely a new phone or tablet in your future.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Wait...are people going to be griping, "where's Key Lime Pie. Hey, what's the hold up?" now? Dibs on when the first thread begins...
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Meanwhile, the upgrade progressing through my Kies app is going so slowly (about 85 seconds per percentage point), that Key Lime Pie will probably be rolling out by the time it's done.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

So JB has only been downloaded for most of us for about 3 hours and you are already wondering what's next? Yeah, you should dump this tablet and go for something else. We don't need this little Note 10.1 community full of people impossible to please. Have you even played with the new JB features yet or did you just skip all of that in order to come here and complain?

To answer the first part of your question, the Premium Suite upgrade should be next. But you wont want to wait the few weeks that it will take to get it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Legal you have been around long enough to know that 3 hours until a thread like this pops up is a long time.

I really hope that no one is seriously anxious for an upgrade that is three months away from announcement let alone roll out

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    So JB has only been downloaded for most of us for about 3 hours and you are already wondering what's next? Yeah, you should dump this tablet and go for something else. We don't need this little Note 10.1 community full of people impossible to please. Have you even played with the new JB features yet or did you just skip all of that in order to come here and complain?

To answer the first part of your question, the Premium Suite upgrade should be next. But you wont want to wait the few weeks that it will take to get it.
    No, LA. Premium Suite came with today's JB upgrade. People have to start right in demanding Key Lime Pie. Right now! Me, I'm looking ahead. I want the Lemonade upgrade. Hey! Where's my Lemonade???? What's taking so long?

LegalAmerican likes this.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

By the way...no, I don't know that the next OS - wait, I mean the next, next OS - is going to be named Lemonade. I made it up. It's an 'L' name. It may be Licorice Stick, for all I know. Actually, Licorice Stick is pretty good. They should use that. I just hope when they get to P, they name it Pez Dispenser.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Just to clarify my earlier post, I wasn't suggesting people dump the note at all. I tend to update to newer devices about every two years so the next update for me would likely just mean buying a new device. I doubt Samsung will have the unannounced and unreleased Key Lime Pie ready for the 10.1 tab in the next year and a half. If down the road maybe a year from now Samsung came out with a Note 10.1 II with a high res screen and that new Exynos 5 Octa (whatever the heck it is) they could just crack my wallet and take what they like.

I was hoping he was just goofing around, playing the part. I'm still holding out hope that's the case. Lol

Yes, I'm just kidding. There's no way Google would stop a revenue like this anytime soon. :thumbup:

--- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Thanked by:
    avenuePad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Just to clarify my earlier post, I wasn't suggesting people dump the note at all. I tend to update to newer devices about every two years so the next update for me would likely just mean buying a new device. I doubt Samsung will have the unannounced and unreleased Key Lime Pie ready for the 10.1 tab in the next year and a half. If down the road maybe a year from now Samsung came out with a Note 10.1 II with a high res screen and that new Exynos 5 Octa (whatever the heck it is) they could just crack my wallet and take what they like.
    Everything you said here is valid. However it is completely opposite of the first post in terms of your willingness to just enjoy what you have. It's a shame when we can't even enjoy what is RIGHT in front of us because we're too preoccupied with what might come next. Let's enjoy this JB for a few months before we start talking about "dumping" the Note 10.1. It has only been out for 5 months! If you update every two years or so, you still have 19 months with this amazing device. Enjoy it!

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    I hear ya, Mike. I'm such a device junkie (see my sig line) that I start jonesin' at the mere hint of The Next New Thing (!!), even though I think my Note is an incredible device, and, God know, I should be satisfied with all that I already have.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Everything you said here is valid. However it is completely opposite of the first post in terms of your willingness to just enjoy what you have. It's a shame when we can't even enjoy what is RIGHT in front of us because we're too preoccupied with what might come next. Let's enjoy this JB for a few months before we start talking about "dumping" the Note 10.1. It has only been out for 5 months! If you update every two years or so, you still have 19 months with this amazing device. Enjoy it!
    oh absolutely. I'm really enjoying my Note. Every time I pull out the s-pen I know I made the right choice over other tablets.
    LegalAmerican likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by indestructibleguy View Post
    Yes, I'm just kidding. There's no way Google would stop a revenue like this anytime soon. :thumbup:

Lol. I figured.

Lol. I figured.

So, key lime pie is for sure? When does it come out?

It will probably be in the fall or winter assuming devices like the GS4 and the Note 2 10.1 get Key Lime Pie.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    It will probably be in the fall or winter assuming devices like the GS4 and the Note 2 10.1 get Key Lime Pie.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Any nexus devices getting it?

I figured Key Lime Pie would be announced at Google I/O in May/June.

I figured Key Lime Pie would be announced at Google I/O in May/June.

As far as I know, it wasn't.. ....was it?

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

He means five months from now, not the past one I am sure

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    chiefandrews likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast