Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

Default Re: JB for note 10.1 US

Quote Originally Posted by barrytest View Post
    I am not getting the update using kies. What can I check to get it to work. I am using kies via usb.
    -connected via kies via laptop with win 7.
    When checking for update the firmware version displays no update available. On my razr when upgrading to ics I needed to do a FDR. Think this would work on the tab also?

TIA
    Im sorry Samsungs made this all a bit confusing since they have I think at least 3 applications named Kies and I'm not sure which one you're attempting. You have your tablet directly connected via USB cable to a computer running the Kies file manager program. Its not Kies Air, or anything with the web browser?

It should connect and say detecting hardware or something similar and then run a check for firmware updates

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Are you using the Samsung app and not keis air

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Does Word With Friends work with the new OS release?

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

I'm not sure what I have at home, but here at my office, I have Kies and Kies Lite (huh?). I upgraded using "Kies Lite" (huh?).
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Still waiting =(
    Does anyone know if there is some set time I should go back? Or should I just keep checking every so often?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB for note 10.1 US-uploadfromtaptalk1358280467195.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Im sorry Samsungs made this all a bit confusing since they have I think at least 3 applications named Kies and I'm not sure which one you're attempting. You have your tablet directly connected via USB cable to a computer running the Kies file manager program. Its not Kies Air, or anything with the web browser?

It should connect and say detecting hardware or something similar and then run a check for firmware updates
    I have the kies program on my laptop. It connects then displays a software version PDA:LPL and states it is up to date. I tried a FDR,but it made know difference. The tab is connected directly the laptop. I can view files etc. It seems to be connected. Maybe it is being released in stages?

THX

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    I'm not sure what I have at home, but here at my office, I have Kies and Kies Lite (huh?). I upgraded using "Kies Lite" (huh?).
    I used the keis software you get from the link some provided

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The first morning in over a month that I don't check for the update, and it comes out. SMH
    Thanked by:
    Neekolus and MacTxGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjc13 View Post
    Still waiting =(
    Does anyone know if there is some set time I should go back? Or should I just keep checking every so often?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Download the Kies software from Samsung's website and us it to update the tablet. It is very easy. I got that message for about two hours this morning an got fed up...running JB on all of my devices now!!

So it's really sad that my Note 10.1 is now running a newer android (4.1.2) than my Galaxy Nexus on Sprint (4.1.1).
    My next phone might just have to be what ever nexus Google has directly, and the carrier that supports that phone, without a contract.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

That worked...upgrading now.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home with my Kies.

I used Kies to update my Note 10.1 and although it took quite a long time it did successfully update. I did try to update it OTA but I got that error message too, I'm guessing there must be some issue with Samsung's servers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

It was glorious because my Note auto downloaded the update while I was still asleep, and when I picked it up to remove the charger, it had the prompt up to install. What an amazing companion this device is. It went ahead and set me up nicely without me having to ask! Now I am enjoying all the new widgets and things and making a fresh new look for all my homescreens.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Been waiting forever!!! Here we go!
    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    [unbranded - factory unlocked - i9300]

Love this tablet and use it in my business .. Does anybody know if I will loose my Art n Photoshop... I have al lot of custom, customer artwork in here....

ROM
    AC!

no, data will not be lost when upgraded.
    Thanked by:
    matejj 

Has anyone who had previously gotten the "wait your turn in line" message been able to update since? It's been foooooorrrrever!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I got that message but connected with Kies and got the update straight away.

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

Finally got home from work trying to update via kies and I think it froze on me. Its been on 85% decompressing binary files for about 25 minutes now. Im afraid to touch anything because I dont want to interupt it if it is actually working

been trying since noon today and get the wait your turn message lol. guess i need to download the kies and do it that way now that i home
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrisg View Post
    I got that message but connected with Kies and got the update straight away.
    Same here, it's 35% downloaded.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

So what's the verdict so far? IS JB as smooth as silk on this? Screen transitions? No stuttering or lag? Been holding off buying this until I can show my wife that it won't be full of lag like the Tab 2 I just sold. We have the ipad 4, and it's smooth as I've ever seen on a tablet. I want this Note 10.1 badly but just can't deal with choppy performance. Curious to see how it's working on your machines. Store model is not a good representation and I'm sure they won't have JB installed for weeks if ever. I find it amazing that I pick up an Android tablet at Best Buy and icons are all over the place, widgets loaded all over the place, looking awful. Can't some geek squad dude spend 20 minutes each day fixing up the screens and rebooting? Anyhow, can't wait to hear how your notes are performing with JB!

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    So what's the verdict so far? IS JB as smooth as silk on this? Screen transitions? No stuttering or lag? Been holding off buying this until I can show my wife that it won't be full of lag like the Tab 2 I just sold. We have the ipad 4, and it's smooth as I've ever seen on a tablet. I want this Note 10.1 badly but just can't deal with choppy performance. Curious to see how it's working on your machines. Store model is not a good representation and I'm sure they won't have JB installed for weeks if ever. I find it amazing that I pick up an Android tablet at Best Buy and icons are all over the place, widgets loaded all over the place, looking awful. Can't some geek squad dude spend 20 minutes each day fixing up the screens and rebooting? Anyhow, can't wait to hear how your notes are performing with JB!
    I found it smooth as silk, no stutters, no lags, before the upgrade. After - still just as smooth, but more functional.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Oh, remember guys, swipe up from the home symbol to get Google Now.

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast