Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: JB for note 10.1 US

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Johnson 4164 View Post
    Barry, this upgrade is for the GT-N8013, not the GT-P7510.
    Thanks, I assumed it was for the GT-7510. Guess I will have patiently wait. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    Download the latest version of Kies. Connect your Note 10.1....
    I really hate installing vendor or manufacturer software on any of my computers, but am almost antsy enough to do it. Are you forced to sync anything, or can you set it up not to, prior to connecting your device?

Also wondering if there's any priority between 16GB/32GB devices getting the update first...?

I have the GT-N8013 16gb still running 4.0.4....

When I try the OTA I get the same 'wait in line' message, so I tried to use Kies as suggested. But Kies wont do it either, unless Im doing it wrong..

It doesnt even show what firmware my tablet has nor does it let me upgrade.

When I go to 'Tools' and click 'Firmware Upgrade and Initilazation' I get this message.

Am I doing something wrong? TIA

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bruh-Man View Post
    This new update totally messed up my Groove IP & GrooVe Forwarder setup. Now Groove Ip acts like it's making calls, but you can't hear anything but dead air nor does the number you called hear anything. I used to easily be able to make and receive calls using these apps before the update. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 2wice but I get the same thing.
    Same here

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Is anyone else getting stuck using Kies to upgrade. I get past the downloading of the firmware and decompile, however right after it starts installing the drivers again and after they successfully install i get a message saying PC failed to recognise the mobile phone and then gives me instructions but starts the whole process over again. 6th time I have tried now with the same results. Anyone?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Veritatis View Post
    Is anyone else getting stuck using Kies to upgrade. I get past the downloading of the firmware and decompile, however right after it starts installing the drivers again and after they successfully install i get a message saying PC failed to recognise the mobile phone and then gives me instructions but starts the whole process over again. 6th time I have tried now with the same results. Anyone?
    Is your tablet going to sleep during

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I set my display to 30 minutes screen timeout.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    Is your tablet going to sleep during

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

maybe set it so it don't sleep at all during the upgrade. I had no problems doing my upgrade through Keis

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Well Im still new to the android world and all i see is where i can set the time between 15 secs and 30 mins but I dont see an option for turning it off altogether. Can you let me know how to turn off sleep mode. I don't see it in the settings.
    maybe set it so it don't sleep at all during the upgrade. I had no problems doing my upgrade through Keis

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

you are right, max is 30 minutes, i'm sure there is an app on the play store that will force you note to stay awake. When i did my upgrade i was sitting in my office with my note looking at me while i was doing other stuff on the computer. Maybe your problem is with space on your memory for your note? Do you have the 16gb or 32gb model. I have the 32gb with a 32 micro sd card and i keep all music and photos and such on the SD card so that my internal memory is just for apps and that kind of stuff

I have a 16gb model and I cleared off 7gb of space for the upgrade. I figured that would be enough. I'm stumped but thanks so much for your help so far.
    you are right, max is 30 minutes, i'm sure there is an app on the play store that will force you note to stay awake. When i did my upgrade i was sitting in my office with my note looking at me while i was doing other stuff on the computer. Maybe your problem is with space on your memory for your note? Do you have the 16gb or 32gb model. I have the 32gb with a 32 micro sd card and i keep all music and photos and such on the SD card so that my internal memory is just for apps and that kind of stuff

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

possibly try a different USB port on your computer?

I tried all four available ports!
    possibly try a different USB port on your computer?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

i'm out of ideas man, sorry

Can't update through Kies. Every time I try at 69% I get the error message 'Error found in the downloaded file. Do you want to try downloading again?'. I have tried on my laptop and desktop, but get the same error. Tried restarting both the tablet and computers. Tried Kies (lite) and normal. Can't figure out what could be happening. I'm guessing it's a problem on their end or something got corrupted on the tablet. I think I'm going to go ahead and back up and do a factory rest, then try again. Anyone else having this problem?

How do you access the multi window.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

It worked with Kies for me, but took two hours. This is an amazing update! It feels like a whole new device. I am very pleased to see so many multi window apps now available on the bottom, formerly mini app menu. The device is noticeably faster and smoother. This is the most practically usable and productive device I have owned yet; FAR easier, intuitive, and more fun than even my macbooks.

Still getting that message of the update is provided in the order that people request it or something like that. What do I do? I do not feel like doing kies or whatever

I had the same exact problem. I found out that something had went wrong during the installation of Kies on my computer which was messing up everything. Try reinstalling Kies from the samsung web sight. Hope that Helped! I love my Jelly Bean update! It took a good 45 minutes for it to install on my tablet.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Update process went pretty smooth for me. A little bummed they removed Nook and I have to download again. Not cool getting into the train to read my book and it was not there.

I finally gave in and installed Kies (downloaded from Samsung.com). The install process was a pain in the arse. Took forrrrrever, then "hid" the "reboot your computer" message a little too well. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't detecting the Note. Once I rebooted tho, it moved very quickly. Notified me that there was an upgrade right away.

Backed up my data, then allowed the update. The whole process took 35 minutes. Now I feel like a kid who has a new toy with no idea what it does yet Gotta go play!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    I managed to get the update via Kies but it took forever. We have been waiting so long for JB. It is smoother but instead of split screen, you can resize and have more than app open. What else were we supposed to see?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Here is a link to a video with lots of the new things.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

Quote Originally Posted by jedah View Post
    Update process went pretty smooth for me. A little bummed they removed Nook and I have to download again. Not cool getting into the train to read my book and it was not there.
    My boss was complaining about this also.

how do I back up my data? please helpppp

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Faust View Post
    how do I back up my data? please helpppp
    The Kies desktop app. It was a bit similar to BlackBerry's Desktop Software. Allows you to choose what you would like to back-up:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast