JB for note 10.1 US

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting the update using kies. What can I check to get it to work. I am using kies via usb.
-connected via kies via laptop with win 7.
When checking for update the firmware version displays no update available. On my razr when upgrading to ics I needed to do a FDR. Think this would work on the tab also?

TIA

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting the update using kies. What can I check to get it to work. I am using kies via usb.
-connected via kies via laptop with win 7.
When checking for update the firmware version displays no update available. On my razr when upgrading to ics I needed to do a FDR. Think this would work on the tab also?

TIA
Im sorry Samsungs made this all a bit confusing since they have I think at least 3 applications named Kies and I'm not sure which one you're attempting. You have your tablet directly connected via USB cable to a computer running the Kies file manager program. Its not Kies Air, or anything with the web browser?

It should connect and say detecting hardware or something similar and then run a check for firmware updates

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what I have at home, but here at my office, I have Kies and Kies Lite (huh?). I upgraded using "Kies Lite" (huh?).

matthewjc13

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting =(
Does anyone know if there is some set time I should go back? Or should I just keep checking every so often?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358280467195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358280467195.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 279

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry Samsungs made this all a bit confusing since they have I think at least 3 applications named Kies and I'm not sure which one you're attempting. You have your tablet directly connected via USB cable to a computer running the Kies file manager program. Its not Kies Air, or anything with the web browser?

It should connect and say detecting hardware or something similar and then run a check for firmware updates

I have the kies program on my laptop. It connects then displays a software version PDA:LPL and states it is up to date. I tried a FDR,but it made know difference. The tab is connected directly the laptop. I can view files etc. It seems to be connected. Maybe it is being released in stages?

THX

Caveman419

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting =(
Does anyone know if there is some set time I should go back? Or should I just keep checking every so often?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Download the Kies software from Samsung's website and us it to update the tablet. It is very easy. I got that message for about two hours this morning an got fed up...running JB on all of my devices now!!

ManimalBlue

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
So it's really sad that my Note 10.1 is now running a newer android (4.1.2) than my Galaxy Nexus on Sprint (4.1.1).
My next phone might just have to be what ever nexus Google has directly, and the carrier that supports that phone, without a contract.

D

Deleted member 100002

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home with my Kies.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I used Kies to update my Note 10.1 and although it took quite a long time it did successfully update. I did try to update it OTA but I got that error message too, I'm guessing there must be some issue with Samsung's servers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It was glorious because my Note auto downloaded the update while I was still asleep, and when I picked it up to remove the charger, it had the prompt up to install. What an amazing companion this device is. It went ahead and set me up nicely without me having to ask! Now I am enjoying all the new widgets and things and making a fresh new look for all my homescreens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12