JB for note 10.1 US

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else getting stuck using Kies to upgrade. I get past the downloading of the firmware and decompile, however right after it starts installing the drivers again and after they successfully install i get a message saying PC failed to recognise the mobile phone and then gives me instructions but starts the whole process over again. 6th time I have tried now with the same results. Anyone?

Is your tablet going to sleep during

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
maybe set it so it don't sleep at all during the upgrade. I had no problems doing my upgrade through Keis

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Dee Veritatis

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well Im still new to the android world and all i see is where i can set the time between 15 secs and 30 mins but I dont see an option for turning it off altogether. Can you let me know how to turn off sleep mode. I don't see it in the settings.
maybe set it so it don't sleep at all during the upgrade. I had no problems doing my upgrade through Keis

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
you are right, max is 30 minutes, i'm sure there is an app on the play store that will force you note to stay awake. When i did my upgrade i was sitting in my office with my note looking at me while i was doing other stuff on the computer. Maybe your problem is with space on your memory for your note? Do you have the 16gb or 32gb model. I have the 32gb with a 32 micro sd card and i keep all music and photos and such on the SD card so that my internal memory is just for apps and that kind of stuff

Dee Veritatis

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a 16gb model and I cleared off 7gb of space for the upgrade. I figured that would be enough. I'm stumped but thanks so much for your help so far.
you are right, max is 30 minutes, i'm sure there is an app on the play store that will force you note to stay awake. When i did my upgrade i was sitting in my office with my note looking at me while i was doing other stuff on the computer. Maybe your problem is with space on your memory for your note? Do you have the 16gb or 32gb model. I have the 32gb with a 32 micro sd card and i keep all music and photos and such on the SD card so that my internal memory is just for apps and that kind of stuff

wick780

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Can't update through Kies. Every time I try at 69% I get the error message 'Error found in the downloaded file. Do you want to try downloading again?'. I have tried on my laptop and desktop, but get the same error. Tried restarting both the tablet and computers. Tried Kies (lite) and normal. Can't figure out what could be happening. I'm guessing it's a problem on their end or something got corrupted on the tablet. I think I'm going to go ahead and back up and do a factory rest, then try again. Anyone else having this problem?

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
It worked with Kies for me, but took two hours. This is an amazing update! It feels like a whole new device. I am very pleased to see so many multi window apps now available on the bottom, formerly mini app menu. The device is noticeably faster and smoother. This is the most practically usable and productive device I have owned yet; FAR easier, intuitive, and more fun than even my macbooks.

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Still getting that message of the update is provided in the order that people request it or something like that. What do I do? I do not feel like doing kies or whatever

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same exact problem. I found out that something had went wrong during the installation of Kies on my computer which was messing up everything. Try reinstalling Kies from the samsung web sight. :) Hope that Helped! I love my Jelly Bean update! It took a good 45 minutes for it to install on my tablet.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Update process went pretty smooth for me. A little bummed they removed Nook and I have to download again. Not cool getting into the train to read my book and it was not there.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I finally gave in and installed Kies (downloaded from Samsung.com). The install process was a pain in the arse. Took forrrrrever, then "hid" the "reboot your computer" message a little too well. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't detecting the Note. Once I rebooted tho, it moved very quickly. Notified me that there was an upgrade right away.

Backed up my data, then allowed the update. The whole process took 35 minutes. Now I feel like a kid who has a new toy with no idea what it does yet :) Gotta go play!

SamsungSucks

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
how do I back up my data? please helpppp
The Kies desktop app. It was a bit similar to BlackBerry's Desktop Software. Allows you to choose what you would like to back-up:

b6botc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech