Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Default Few questions

Hello all...just got my galaxy note 10.1 and I absolutely love it. I do have a few questions. First to those who use the Barnes & Noble Nook app I noticed that it saves my magazines and books on the device memory but if I move it to the SD card will I still be able to read them from there or do they have to be on the device memory? And my other question is about the SD card and device memory. Why can't I move files between the two like I can on my note 2 phone? It doesn't give me the option to (unless I'm missing something). It seems the only way I can is if I hook up my tablet to my computer and do it that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Default Re: Few questions

Great to hear.
    Don't know anything about B&N app.
    Re: Regular Files..Have you tried the standard My Files app to move files around? I've used it a few times with no problem.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

It looks like the nook app is to blame for its issues. Apparently, there is no option in the app settings that allows for changing storage location. Even sideloading books from a computer, they have to be transferred to the main folder of the nook app.

A limitation built in by Barnes and Noble for a reason, I am sure.

As for the file manager, the my files app, as mentioned, is quite capable. If you want more options, there is always Astro file manager in the play store. It is free, but can be a little more complicated, visually, at times. At least I think it can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Hello all...just got my galaxy note 10.1 and I absolutely love it. I do have a few questions. First to those who use the Barnes & Noble Nook app I noticed that it saves my magazines and books on the device memory but if I move it to the SD card will I still be able to read them from there or do they have to be on the device memory? And my other question is about the SD card and device memory. Why can't I move files between the two like I can on my note 2 phone? It doesn't give me the option to (unless I'm missing something). It seems the only way I can is if I hook up my tablet to my computer and do it that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you are asking why you can't move the app from your internal memory to the SD card like on your phone, the short answer is that Android on tablets does not allow it to happen. The longer answer is that as far as everybody can tell, it is something that Google did with the software that doesn't currently allow "Move to SD Card" in the app setting without modifications. I do not use the B&N app to help you with the other part of your question, sorry.
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by betsuni View Post
    If you are asking why you can't move the app from your internal memory to the SD card like on your phone, the short answer is that Android on tablets does not allow it to happen. The longer answer is that as far as everybody can tell, it is something that Google did with the software that doesn't currently allow "Move to SD Card" in the app setting without modifications. I do not use the B&N app to help you with the other part of your question, sorry.
    No I know that apps can't be moved to the SD card any more. I was just wondering if I move the Barnes & Noble magazine & book files themselves to the SD card if they could be read from there or if they have to remain on the tablet memory to be readable

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    No I know that apps can't be moved to the SD card any more. I was just wondering if I move the Barnes & Noble magazine & book files themselves to the SD card if they could be read from there or if they have to remain on the tablet
    It's like the Kindle app you can't do it. The best option is to keep your books in the cloud & only download what you need.

I am trying myself to figure out how to save downloaded files to the external SanDisk as my note 10.1 doesn't seem to give me the option of where I want a given file saved to. Am I missing something?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Also is it possible to be able to read my books or magazines offline? I'd like to read them when I'm out and about but it seems as I need to be connected to the Internet. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums