Battery issue on samsung galaxy note 10.1

in_translation

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have some battery issue on my galaxy note 10.1 that I bought 3 months ago. After charging all the night, the battery is lower than the day before if the tablet is switched on and the battery gains only few % of charge if the tablet is switched off. Icon shows that the battery is charging! I recently did the update and the tablet is on jelly bean now. I noticed a couple of small issue since the update (the screen is not use totally for displaying the apps on the vertival way to hold the tablette, the tablet seems a bit slower, ....) and i dont know if the battery issue come from this update.
Thanks for your comments and help.

ajay jose

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem .. I think there are lots of issues with the update for a lot of people. I only did the samsung update . Btw try giving a quick air blow inside your charging ports and usb joints .. It cld be the dust sometimes thts causing the problem so it might wrk for u as well just like me :D

Airsoftking525

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, i plug the usb charger with the AC brick (one supplied with the tablet) and it says charging and recognises the charger however the battery level decreases even though the tablet says its charging. I have tried charging my phone (s3) with the AC brick and works fine, tried charging the tablet using a usb plug and only charges a few percent over an hour. Running the latest update. Any suggestions?

ski_dave

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same problems as you all, battery charge indicates lower after overnight charge. Fails to start sometimes & crashes often. Auto updated about 1 week+ ago. Factory reset using KIES to backup data has not worked. Samsung went through all possibilities & are collecting for repair. They do not accept that updater to 4.1.1 is to blame. Hey Ho! Dave

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There is some advice on it that usually solves the problem--same advice from iPad & a Kindle. I had the problem once after update.. First, reboot as this clears cache. I did it 3 times. Turn it completely off. Charge a minimum of 4 hours, overnight better. Run it down to15 per cent after charge. Repeat long charge. This usually recalibrates. Hope it helps.

I should add that by reboot I mean hold the power button down until it powers all the way down and restarts.

There's an application called Better Battery Service over on XDA thst allows you to take a screen dump that shows what is killing your battery. Maybe you can get one of the exprts there to analyze the dump. There's an 1100 page thread on the issue there. But stats show the bsttery is not usually the problem.

Last edited:

hundann

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Charging it up-side-down..!?!

My note 10.1 just started to have the same problem a few days ago, the battery doesn't seem to charge up at all. When the device is turned off and the charger plugged in, the screen shows the device is charging, but turning it back on I soon realise the battery % hasn't changed at all!
It automatically updated to Jellybean a few days ago and coincided with this malfunction.

Strangely though, I found if the device stood vertically and charged with the USB connector on the top, my note charged fine. Would you guys try this out? Of course mine could be just a connector issue
but if someone else also finds the same then it would be a common fault somehow related to the
new update.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
With all these stories about updates making the experience worse I just don't understand people's blind allegiance to wanting every single Android update as soon as it's released. My Maxx HD was perfect before JB. It's not perfect anymore.

ski_dave

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Following on from my last post. Returned note 10.1 for repair & eventually came back working A.OK Surprise Surprise firmware was back to 4.0.4. Clearly the problem was the auto update 4.1.1 Jelly Wobble!! :D

Ahmed Ayyad

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my note 10.1 after the update. Did someone reach something regarding that matter. Should I downgrade or something.

Grace Wan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
im also have the same problem, my galaxy note 10.1 charged for whole night, but the batery percent was lower than b4 charged. what should i do? send back to samsung services centre?

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. I haven't had the identical problem to you guys but I have noticed my battery suddenly seems to be discharging a lot more quickly. I first noticed it on my GN2 after I updated it and wondered if it was an app that I'd switched on. Then I noticed the same thing happened to my Galaxy Note 10.1 after I ran the update a couple of days ago and I now wonder if it is connected to the update somehow. The GN2 charges up quickly but the 10.1 takes several hours to power back to 100%.

Has anyone contacted Samsung to ask?

maiamorton

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
omg im having the same problem i also reseted it and it still didnt help this is a major problem wht should we do ??? have anyone got theres fixed:mad:

Bill Clark

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
First off, it is normal for the tablet to take longer to charge than the phone. You didn't really give information on where the battery was before the charge on each device so I am assuming you mean that they were comperably empty and that the tablet took much longer than you are use to.
Second, an update can sometimes change settings, confirm to be sure you do not have USB debugging set in settings, developer options. I'm not sure this will cause the problem but if it isn't set, try toggeling it on and then off.

If you continue to have a problem, it might be a good idea to do a factory reset. Just try charging it right after to see if it helped.

Aries Maddox

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
i dont think jelly bean 4.1.1 is a problem because i updated my note to 4.1.1 but there no such problem occurs.. i think the only problem is the adapter, coz i've been searching for charging adapter for my note but the shopkeeper keep suggesting me the charger for tab. ive tried it once but i wont work.. my note is charging but it wont get to fully charged.

Embis123

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my GN 10.1 and found a solution for myself. I borrowed a charger from my colleague and found it working properly so I suspect that my charger is the one at fault. I brought the charger to Samsung and they replaced it immediately. Now my charging time is back to 3 to 4 hours. Problem solved. Hope you had the same problem as mine as it is easier to fix.

BTW, galaxy tab chargers are compatible with our note 10.1

Mahmoud1973

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,
I have had the same problem with my note 2 10.1 (Exactly the same) And I have the SW 4.1.2
the problem is related to the USB cable, try first of all to change the cable.
Regards