Battery issue on samsung galaxy note 10.1

Note10_1_smp605

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Its much worst for me, this is the first itme I purchased Samsung , I always buy iphones and I noticed this problem for my note 10.1 about 15 days after buying. I tried many ways buying new charger, cable, changing sockets etc. And, when I discussed with some of my colleagues using Samsung Note 3, and note 4 or similar high end phones all said they faced the same problem. I tried on charging but finally it become black screen with no battery. Now, I cant do reset / reboot etc. Finally I decided to leave it thinking I did the biggest mistake buying Samsung and will take to customer care. After 3 days before taking to customer care I just made a try and with no reason it started.
Last, week there was some updates and the same problem I notice it was taking 2 days to charge just to reach 38%. I was busy thinking its common with samsung, may be it will work out but a day before yesterday in night it it did not charged and black screen. Now tried all above solutions again just black screen. I purchased a power bank to see really it charge or not and I figure out the powerbank 10000mAH dropped to 30% but phone did not started only showing sign of black battery for few minutes and again went Black scree.

Note10_1_smp605

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Its much worst for me, this is the first itme I purchased Samsung , I always buy iphones and I noticed this problem for my note 10.1 about 15 days after buying. I tried many ways buying new charger, cable, changing sockets etc. And, when I discussed with some of my colleagues using Samsung Note 3, and note 4 or similar high end phones all said they faced the same problem. I tried on charging but finally it become black screen with no battery. Now, I cant do reset / reboot etc. Finally I decided to leave it thinking I did the biggest mistake buying Samsung and will take to customer care. After 3 days before taking to customer care I just made a try and with no reason it started.
Last, week there was some updates and the same problem I notice it was taking 2 days to charge just to reach 38%. I was busy thinking its common with samsung, may be it will work out but a day before yesterday in night it it did not charged and black screen. Now tried all above solutions again just black screen. I purchased a power bank to see really it charge or not and I figure out the powerbank 10000mAH dropped to 30% but phone did not started only showing symbol of blank battery for few minutes and again went Black screen.
By the way I have been using the original charger, changed cable/charger and found that all other phones are charging, even can check the current rating O/P is fine from the chargers

John Smith188

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Last, week there was some updates and the same problem I notice it was taking 2 days to charge just to reach 38%. I was busy thinking its common with samsung, may be it will work out but a day before yesterday in night it it did not charged and black screen. Now tried all above solutions again just black screen. I purchased a power bank to see really it charge or not and I figure out the powerbank 10000mAH dropped to 30% but phone did not started only showing symbol of blank battery for few minutes and again went Black screen.
By the way I have been using the original charger, changed cable/charger and found that all other phones are charging, even can check the current rating O/P is fine from the chargers

I thought I might reply as I have just had this exact same problem. Note 10.1 was dead! Completely! Just a black screen and would not come on after charging, pressing power button and all the other normal things.
I had put it back on charge for about 4hrs incase it had just run flat, tried to power on and still nothing. Went searching for why and come across this thread and tried the fix mentioned on the 1st page.

Press the power button (Top left - button furthest to the left) while at the same time press the Down volume button (Down/up volume is the 2nd button in on the top left. The Down is the side closest to the power button.) Keep both buttons pressed fully down for a very slow 20 count (EG count exactly like it is read = 1 - 1 1000, 2 - 2 1000, 3 - 3 1000 so on up to 20)

If it has not bought up a weird screen by this count, keep holding the 2 buttons down to 60 sec. It won't hurt to try.

When it opens into the Operating system installation screen it will give you 2 options. By pressing the UP volume it will continue on with changing the OS. DO NOT PRESS THE UP VOLUME HERE! If you have pressed the wrong side of the volume button it will go into the download/Install screen that others have talked about in this thread. (I think this is usually symbolised by a little android robot or some other thing) You do not want this if trying to get it to hard reboot.

PRESS the DOWN volume (The side closest to the POWER button on the top left of the device) It will then exit out of the OS installation screen and REBOOT.
It should then open up in the normal way and should be working again IF it is the same problem talked about by many in this thread. If that doesn't work and you are still under warranty then send it back and get them to fix it.

I don't know why this suddenly happened to mine. I have had this note 10.1 for 2+ yrs and use it every single day for most things. It cops some major use and heavy loads put on it with multi screens and apps open 99% of the time. It slowed right down in processing power once maybe 12 mths ago but that was because the internal memory had been almost filled right up. Had thought it was the device dying and would need to upgrade . A backup and factory reset, followed by not reinstalling any apps no longer used and it was working like new again. 1 thing I have noticed, it does seem to slow a little near xmas??? Maybe a subtle sales tactic to get some people to upgrade but comes good after xmas.

It has been the single best investment in a smart device we have ever made! I was a bit frustrated when it suddenly died last night but it is now working fine again.

I get you are coming from Apple and most people either are Apple or Android but you miss the point that they are very different from each other and they serve very different purposes. A Apple tablet is not the same as a Samsung tablet. The similarities stop at them both being tablets.

If you want the worry free use of a device but are willing to sacrifice customer personal choice and limited range of uses about how that device can be used then stick with Apple.

If you want a device that can be used across a wide spectrum of uses, can interact with a wide range of file types and has a open arcatecture BUT requires a little maintenance from yourself, then Android is a good fit.

I have tried the Apple tabs and a couple of phones and for what they are they are good but you end up having devices that are good at doing very specific set tasks that Apple allow that device to do, so to get full coverage a person might have the phone, a tablet and a Mac and then things are great. Each device is closed and limited in use but by doing it they can provide a certain level with minimal interruptions to users but tie the user into using the Apple world of devices.

Where as I use the Note 10.1 with a adaptor in the charging port and I can access USB storage, download directly off storage just about any type of file type or even view it while it is still on the USB device. Plus add more storage if you want and a whole list of other uses a user can choose to do. The downside is the user can introduce issues into the system.

We tried the I mini and after not even able to power a USB or being forced to buy a "special" adaptor from them for $20-40 and even if you could, can only read file types Apple choose to allow you to after loading them on with another Apple device or purchased directly from their site, Samsung note 10.1 is the only device we will use.

Each to their own but.
Hope you get your Note 10.1 working. If you do stick with it make sure to put a good antivirus/device protection on it ASAP and run a few checks on it with auto setups each week in the background. AVG, Webroot secure anywhere mobile premier, ASTRO file manager and OfficeSuite 7 are great Apps and should help any Note 10.1 owner out.

The note 10.1 really is a great device for what it is. It is the perfect non-laptop laptop. I just hope Samsung keep the Note 10.1 progressing into the future.

Just found this also if the POWER DownVOL doesn't work.

Make sure you've had it on the charger for at least an hour or so. It won't start without enough charge.
You may have to try the remaining steps without having the USB cable hooked up (I've had it work with and I have it not work until it was without).
Press and hold the on button. Keep it down while...
HERE'S THE SECRET: At the same time, keep a finger on the screen.
Keep watching and you might see a slight change of color on the screen.
Hold it down for 15 seconds or more. Be patient.
You should get the battery icon or the system will just reboot.
Once you get the battery icon, you're set. Just press the on button for 10 seconds and the tablet will shutdown.
Now power up as normal to reboot.
You can also put it back on the charger.

Last edited:

Flash635

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
In the earlier post people have said the problem started with the update to Jellybean.
Now that Kit Kat and lollipop are available has anyone solved the problem by updating to one of those?

OHaldon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy Note 10.1 for a couple of years now and I've gone through 3 charger cables (now about to buy my fourth), because of this exact reason, It's my one major gripe with this tablet the 30-pin just breaks inside the wire after a while, maybe because of where it's placed in contrast with the headphone port, so trying to do anything in landscape while it's charging is always a battle and you can't transfer files without having to download and install Kies or something (I just email files to myself now to transfer to and from). I love the tablet but absolutely hate the charger, luckily they're very cheap to replace but it's so annoying.

Martini2003

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I've replaced the cable and continue to have the issue. Battery runs down quickly, powers itself off. Power runs out even while using device plugged in! Connected to AC power overnight and only charged 45%. Took the tablet to Best Buy's Samsung desk and was just handed a sheet of paper with instructions on how to send back to Samsung. Crappy customer service! Never will I buy another Samsung.

Alan Williams4

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Ihave a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Pro. I have had my battery replaced due to discharge rate of the device, being very poor. The new battery lasts a little longer but I think that the discharge rate, which is poor, is due to the number of applications I have downloaded and possibly working all at once.
I am now going to take off about half of these applications, and see if I have better battery results.

jash22

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
A couple years ago I had the same problem come up with my samsung galaxy note 10.1. I got a new charger, didn't work. Assumed it was the battery, so I just put the thing away, and only used it here and there for very light use, until I got around to getting a new battery. I installed a new battery yesterday, and nothing has changed. Power drains quickly, and takes days to fully charge. I even factory reset the whole thing without any change. I also tried the power and volume down holding for the reset without any change. I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to do. And it's a damn shame, cause otherwise I really like the thing. Just at it's current state it's competently unusable. I am a very sad panda.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae