i see no difference between jb and isc

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to jelly bean and I see no difference whatsoever. Am I missing something? My nexus 7 looks totally different with jb. Can somebody please tell me what's going on?I

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to jelly bean and I see no difference whatsoever. Am I missing something? My nexus 7 looks totally different with jb. Can somebody please tell me what's going on?I

The folder icon is gone and now just overlaps the app icons (HUGE visual improvement), there's new widgets available, paper artist or whatever it's called is now loaded, S Note is more functional and has a handful of new features, Google Now is included. There's a TON of videos on YouTube that lay out the changes in JB/Premium Suite that you should check out. Very rarely will these updates completely change the appearance of your OS. ICS over GB was a pretty good improvement, but ICS was so good in it's basic structure and layout that JB seems to be more of an upgrade to the functionality and less to the visuals.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So there are no visual differences? I really don't get it. My nexus7 looks totally different visually and aesthetically. I've had Android tablets for ever and this doesn't make sense to me.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So there are no visual differences? I really don't get it. My nexus7 looks totally different visually and aesthetically. I've had Android tablets for ever and this doesn't make sense to me.

The visual effects are usually different depending on what you are using. Android 4.1 on a Samsung device will look different than the same OS version on a Nexus 7. The reason for this is Samsung places their TouchWiz on top of the Android system. TouchWiz has a lot of different features (good and bad) that the Nexus 7 will not have and vice-versa. The Nexus runs vanilla Android meaning it is the pure Android look. Motorola will look different than Samsung, HTC will look different than Motorola, LG will look different than all of them as well.

In my original post I wasn't saying there'd be no visual differences between the Note and a Nexus 7. What I mean is that holding the Note 10.1 running ICS next to one running JB will appear similar. Because the two OS's are pretty similar. So if you expected massive change on yours going from ICS to JB, it just wont be there. But if you go to Best Buy to look at a Transformer Prime, it will look different from the Nexus 7 and the Note 10.1. I don't think i've made much sense here, but hopefully it adds up a little.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I understand now what you're saying. Wow! Nexus7 JB is way better. The note is my wife's and she was excited to get the update seeing how my nexus7 worked on JB.
So I knew that some different companies for phones and tablets run their own version on top of which ever version is out. But never thought how cool a pure Android device would be without the bloat. Now I know.
Jelly bean on nexus = way better experience! !

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I understand now what you're saying. Wow! Nexus7 JB is way better. The note is my wife's and she was excited to get the update seeing how my nexus7 worked on JB.
So I knew that some different companies for phones and tablets run their own version on top of which ever version is out. But never thought how cool a pure Android device would be without the bloat. Now I know.

Tastes differ.
I have both N7 and Note 10.1. Both are good devices. How about multiwindow and Spen? Are these bloat? Sending handwritten emails, handwriting on calendar and on photos, also bloat?

bjbinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Go check out cyanogenmod...youll have 4.2.1 (not 4.1.2) without the "bloat" (multiwindow, snote, etc.)

I ran it for awhile and loved it...i just couldnt live without multiwindow so i went back.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n8013

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Im replying to this thread while watching a youtube video on my 10.1. Nothing wrong with the nexus 7 but it cant do this. So glad they opened up multiwindow to include all the g-apps with the JB update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon