Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Gallery issues after jellybean update

    I've recently updated my note 10.1 to jelly bean and now having issues with the updated gallery. the gallery is slow and i have no pictures, just empty frames where the pics should be. only a few albums seem to show up. i tried clearing the cache and force stop and reboot...but still nothing. any ideas why this is happening. i downloaded quickpic as a solution but i shouldn't have to download a 3rd party up to be able to see my pictures. thanks so much in advance!
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Hi, have the same problem on two uk 8010 running 4.1.1... due you see high cpu / memory use in task manager?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Have the same issue, fixed by downloading QuickPic. I don't use the stock app anymore. It's very quick!
    Thanked by 2:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Same trouble here too, Quickpic is working for me. thanks for the tip. I switch to Timeline view and it works in the stock gallery. Bugs
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Have you tried clearing the App Data from "Gallery"?
    All it does is delete all the thumbnails & will regenerate them - your pics aren't lost.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    It fixes it temporarily, then its back to normal (not working). I guess the op has the same result
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Clearing the app cache and forcing stop only fixed it temporarily. In another forum someone was having the same issue and they said to just wait it out...that it would fix itself and mine did.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Mines been fine for a few days, but after exporting a few pstouch .jpgs... the problems back. Zooming pics is a pain, get gallery fc and the occasional black screen. Ggrrr!
    Mbm7781, are you on 4.1.1?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Quote Originally Posted by dhd1802 View Post
    Mines been fine for a few days, but after exporting a few pstouch .jpgs... the problems back. Zooming pics is a pain, get gallery fc and the occasional black screen. Ggrrr!
    Mbm7781, are you on 4.1.1?
    Yes I am...my gallery is fine. Has been. I hope it stays that way

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    I found a new bug. Take a photo then tap on the thumbnail to access the gallery. The menu and all soft keys except picture thumbnails disappear. The only way to do anything is to hit the power button twice. Then the softkeys are back. Very annoying.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle M W View Post
    I found a new bug. Take a photo then tap on the thumbnail to access the gallery. The menu and all soft keys except picture thumbnails disappear. The only way to do anything is to hit the power button twice. Then the softkeys are back. Very annoying.
    Just tried, same issue also!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle M W View Post
    I found a new bug. Take a photo then tap on the thumbnail to access the gallery. The menu and all soft keys except picture thumbnails disappear. The only way to do anything is to hit the power button twice. Then the softkeys are back. Very annoying.
    I don't have that issue...everything is there hmmm...

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  

    Thumbs up Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Quote Originally Posted by rickgainsmith View Post
    Have the same issue, fixed by downloading QuickPic. I don't use the stock app anymore. It's very quick!
    I just received an Android update today and after updating Android, the Gallery app started to stick if it worked at all. Thanks so much for that info about QuickPic, it really is very fast. I'm still keeping the original Gallery App just to see if it will work better later, probably after another update.
    Last edited by Sean Seebran; 04-13-2013 at 01:16 AM.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    I'm also having issues with Gallery. I have US Cellular so 4.3 took forever to get to me and my S3 but ever since the update, when I click the "Share" button in Gallery to post to Facebook or send in a MMS, etc. I get an "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" notification and it force closes. Anybody find a remedy for this?

    I've been using QuickPic since and I actually like it more, but I'd prefer to fix Gallery as well.

    I like options lol. Thanks.

    EDIT

    Just realized this was in the Note section. My bad. But the problem remains. Would rather post in an existing thread than create a new one.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Quote Originally Posted by gtiryan View Post
    I'm also having issues with Gallery. I have US Cellular so 4.3 took forever to get to me and my S3 but ever since the update, when I click the "Share" button in Gallery to post to Facebook or send in a MMS, etc. I get an "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" notification and it force closes. Anybody find a remedy for this?

    I've been using QuickPic since and I actually like it more, but I'd prefer to fix Gallery as well.

    I like options lol. Thanks.

    EDIT

    Just realized this was in the Note section. My bad. But the problem remains. Would rather post in an existing thread than create a new one.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Gallery issues after jellybean update

    Exact same issue as gotten. Cleared cache & data, force stop, reboot, unmount/remount sd card. No joy. I'm on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3. Just started with the 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade.

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint Nexus S 4G: No Service, Unknown Baseband after Jelly Bean update
    By mtkohl85 in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 11:44 AM
  2. HELP! Not able to open camera album after Jelly Bean update!
    By liana ramlee in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 12:27 AM
  3. Weird too many SMS notification after jelly bean update
    By sisblub in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
  5. Screen stay awake after Jelly Bean update
    By taylormah in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

B