Gallery issues after jellybean update

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've recently updated my note 10.1 to jelly bean and now having issues with the updated gallery. the gallery is slow and i have no pictures, just empty frames where the pics should be. only a few albums seem to show up. i tried clearing the cache and force stop and reboot...but still nothing. any ideas why this is happening. i downloaded quickpic as a solution but i shouldn't have to download a 3rd party up to be able to see my pictures. thanks so much in advance!

Srjacobs1

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Same trouble here too, Quickpic is working for me. thanks for the tip.:) I switch to Timeline view and it works in the stock gallery. Bugs

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the App Data from "Gallery"?
All it does is delete all the thumbnails & will regenerate them - your pics aren't lost.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Clearing the app cache and forcing stop only fixed it temporarily. In another forum someone was having the same issue and they said to just wait it out...that it would fix itself and mine did.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

dhd1802

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Mines been fine for a few days, but after exporting a few pstouch .jpgs... the problems back. Zooming pics is a pain, get gallery fc and the occasional black screen. Ggrrr!
Mbm7781, are you on 4.1.1?

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Mines been fine for a few days, but after exporting a few pstouch .jpgs... the problems back. Zooming pics is a pain, get gallery fc and the occasional black screen. Ggrrr!
Mbm7781, are you on 4.1.1?

Yes I am...my gallery is fine. Has been. I hope it stays that way

Michelle M W

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I found a new bug. Take a photo then tap on the thumbnail to access the gallery. The menu and all soft keys except picture thumbnails disappear. The only way to do anything is to hit the power button twice. Then the softkeys are back. Very annoying.

dhd1802

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I found a new bug. Take a photo then tap on the thumbnail to access the gallery. The menu and all soft keys except picture thumbnails disappear. The only way to do anything is to hit the power button twice. Then the softkeys are back. Very annoying.

Just tried, same issue also!

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't have that issue...everything is there hmmm...

Sean Seebran

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have the same issue, fixed by downloading QuickPic. I don't use the stock app anymore. It's very quick!

I just received an Android update today and after updating Android, the Gallery app started to stick if it worked at all. Thanks so much for that info about QuickPic, it really is very fast. I'm still keeping the original Gallery App just to see if it will work better later, probably after another update.

Last edited:

gtiryan

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having issues with Gallery. I have US Cellular so 4.3 took forever to get to me and my S3 but ever since the update, when I click the "Share" button in Gallery to post to Facebook or send in a MMS, etc. I get an "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" notification and it force closes. Anybody find a remedy for this?

I've been using QuickPic since and I actually like it more, but I'd prefer to fix Gallery as well.

I like options lol. Thanks.

EDIT

Just realized this was in the Note section. My bad. But the problem remains. Would rather post in an existing thread than create a new one.

lmk26

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having issues with Gallery. I have US Cellular so 4.3 took forever to get to me and my S3 but ever since the update, when I click the "Share" button in Gallery to post to Facebook or send in a MMS, etc. I get an "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" notification and it force closes. Anybody find a remedy for this?

I've been using QuickPic since and I actually like it more, but I'd prefer to fix Gallery as well.

I like options lol. Thanks.

EDIT

Just realized this was in the Note section. My bad. But the problem remains. Would rather post in an existing thread than create a new one.

lmk26

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Exact same issue as gotten. Cleared cache & data, force stop, reboot, unmount/remount sd card. No joy. I'm on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3. Just started with the 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade.