S Note Question

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
In a standard note, there are two grayish dashed boxes at the top. The one to the left says "subject" while the one to the rignt is blank. At furst gkance it seems as though you could edit them but so far I have found no way to do so. I plan on using the s note for school and woukd like to edit the subject box with an actual subject and tbe one on the right with a date to help my notes be more organized. Please help as these boxes are so annoying

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
In a standard note, there are two grayish dashed boxes at the top. The one to the left says "subject" while the one to the rignt is blank. At furst gkance it seems as though you could edit them but so far I have found no way to do so. I plan on using the s note for school and woukd like to edit the subject box with an actual subject and tbe one on the right with a date to help my notes be more organized. Please help as these boxes are so annoying

You can edit after the jelly bean update if you're not updated.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

If you try to edit them using the S Note productivity handwriting to text feature, you will end up with a text box on top of the field. In order to handwrite an entry into any of the S Note fields, use the handwriting input option on the Samsung keyboard. For the most part, I have found that option to work the best in all situations.

Samantha Jones2

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the subject box but if you want the date it the other box you just hold the s pen down and you can set the date. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but I hope it helps.

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Here is a link to thread in which I learned about the hand writing pad. It contains a link to a great video.

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/202997-taking-notes.html

Deepak M Rao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's easy man
Just long hold the subject box, when a pop up menu rises click again on the subject box.
This will pop your keyboard to write in the box.