1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy N2 owner buying a Note 10.1

I have had my N2 for a little over a month and I am still learning new stuff daily. I love the S pen and the ability to hand write notes. I also have an iPad 3 LTE with 64 GB. I have been reading about the Note 10.1 with much interest and then I heard they were releasing a Verizon LTE version very soon. I thought it could maybe replace my iPad, which I am using less of, but I still like it for reading and extensive Internet applications for work.

So I am in Costco this afternoon and guess what they have on display? A Note 10.1 wifi version with a free case for $479. They only had about 20 of them so I knew they would be gone within a few days and I am going out of town for a week. I went ahead and bought one. I decided I wouldn't open it until I find out the specifics of the VZ version coming out. At least this way I know I got a good deal on one and I can always return it with no hassles. If the VZ version is reasonably priced and can replace my iPad on the $10 share plan I will probably make the move.

Who else is using the 10.1 and the N2? Have you found an easy way to sync s-notes or are you using Evernote or something similar. Before getting my N2 I most recently had an iPhone 4S and I liked the way the phone and iPad complimented one another. I am looking for a somewhat similar experience if possible. I went back to the iPhone from my S3 and it only took 2 months to come back again. I would love to have my entire mobile experience be on one platform and I prefer Android.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Default Re: Galaxy N2 owner buying a Note 10.1

I'll be getting the 10.1 on Wednesday. Was torn between that and the nexus 10 but I've made up mind playing with my wife's. Haven't looked at syncing snotes yet and haven't done a whole lot with that as far as saving them long term. I'm interested to see how it will compliment my note 2.

I know that the AllShare app is great with two Samsung devices. You can do display mirroring and other cool things with it.

I have both the note 2 and note 10.1 ,they work very well together and s notes sync from your samsung account. I have rooted both and have not yet explored all that i can do with these two remarkable devices , however I have wifi tethering free to link the two, customizations such as apps2sd meaning my 16 gb note 10.1 has 32 gbs now and just a bunch of treats which included audio tweaks as well. If you wish to explore the latest developments and mods check out xda forums ....p.s the most obvious thing i have noticed after having the first 3 ipads is that my phone/tablet ui,apps and functionality are exactly the same which is priceless!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

I have both for about a month now. I would not go back. I use the tablet at work all day and use dropbox and dropsync (free in the market) to keep notes synced between them. I have the wifi version because I am on the new plan and can tether at will. Good luck with your decision.
    Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

The 8.9 note tablet is sounding pretty nice as well

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

The Note 10.1 and 2 is the perfect combination!

Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

I would wait for the next 10.1 which will likely have NFC.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for all the feedback. I have the 10.1 sitting in an unopened box at home while out of town. I think I will open it this weekend since Costco has a 90 day return policy. That will give me time to get used to it and see if an upgraded model comes out soon.

Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE