S Note not displaying images/ graphs in PDFs

slo3

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
After "successfully" importing a PDF in to S Note, I noticed that figures/ images/ graphs were not being displayed. The text displays perfectly, but there's a "blank spot" where the image should be. Formatting is not affected.
I've opened this same PDF in the "Kno.Com Textbooks" App without this issue.
I'd prefer to use S Note, because I know that I can export the PDF with my notes written on it... Unless someone can show me how to do this in Kno.Com Textbooks...

This is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

slo3

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
AND now for some reason, I can't "import" to S Note... whenever I try to select a PDF to Import, it brings up a window asking which App to use to open it (either Polaris Office or Kno.com).
Any suggestions? Being able to open in S Note is the whole point of using that application... because S Note can export PDFs with the annotations made on them, whereas Kno.com apparently can't.

Last edited:

slo3

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
are you opening an S-note template then trying to import a pdf or just open S-note then trying to import?

I am just trying to open S-note then trying to import.
If I first open a S-note template, I do not have the option to import. I only have the option to export.

Edit:
Ok. User error on the S-note not importing PDFs (instead forcing the user to use Kno.com or Polaris Office). The problem was I was "clicking" on the title of the PDF instead of selecting the PDF's radio button. By selecting the radio button and then hitting "Done", I am seeing the correct behavior.

However, this doesn't address the issue of S-note not importing this particular PDF correctly. I'm still not seeing the figures from this PDF. Other PDFs are being imported as expected (which leads me to think that it's the PDF and not S-note). Since this is the behavior, any idea how to have the figures show up, or failing that, to "know" which PDFs won't be imported properly?

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I just think its the pdf file as I had this happen to me with pdfs thatwork on my desktop. Don't know if there is anything you can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm