My photos are being deleted from my folders

JaneSpau

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my Note tablet a few days ago, brand new and I love it. I have been creating a lot of digital paintings within a couple of apps I have plus I have a lot of photos otherwise. Last night I went to find something and most of my photos have vanished! I thought they might not be showing up yet still on the device, but after looking in the folders for the app, they are simply gone. As I began to search I have also found many other photos missing, and not only are they gone from my tablet, they are also gone from my Dropbox! How can this happen? Is my device defective? This is most annoying! Any suggestions?

Update: I just checked Drpobox from my computer and all my files are there, just not showing on my tablet for some reason. This seems very odd to me.

Last edited:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the other night that I have the opposite problem. I have doubles of folders I have with drawings and photos in them. I use dropbox also, plus dropsync app to sync multiple folders. Wondering if I should go back and check how I have it set up.

JaneSpau

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have some doubles and even triples too. I did, after posting here, discover that I needed to update Jelly Bean, which I did a few hours ago. Maybe that will cure the issues.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Jelly Bean already and noticed it. So I don't think that's the problem. It's not bothering me too much yet, but I hope to figure out what caused it. The only thing I can think is the way I have dropbox and dropsync syncing my folders.

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are using dropbox and expecting to see your files in the dropbox folder on the local device, they won't be there. Dropbox does not cache files locally on mobile devices. If you want to keep a local copy for access when you don't have internet access you need to mark it as a favorite in Dropbox.

JaneSpau

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are using dropbox and expecting to see your files in the dropbox folder on the local device, they won't be there. Dropbox does not cache files locally on mobile devices. If you want to keep a local copy for access when you don't have internet access you need to mark it as a favorite in Dropbox.

Are you saying that once I upload a file to Dropbox from any folder in my tablet it will then be removed from my tablet's gallery? That is not how things worked in ICS at all. I have not deleted the images myself and I know that if I want Dropbox content I have to send it back to my tablet. I just did not expect things to be removed once uploaded. I want the files to be in both places, at least some of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781