Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jellybean S Note issues

Hey all,

I was overjoyed today when my device updated and S Note could finally import PDFs without crashing! Then I noticed two other new 'updates' which have been driving me insane:

First, it seems that the ability to hide the top and bottom toolbars while writing/drawing (formally a little 'arrow-up' button below the top toolbar) appears to have vanished. I like to write on a 100% canvas size (no zoom or scrolling) and having those two toolbars in the way result in the loss of an awful lot of space. This change appears to be coupled to the introduction of a big, annoying, fat scrollbar on the right-hand side. I rather the older, skinny one that only appeared when I wanted it : /

Secondly, prior to update, there was a tick-box that could be checked in the main settings dialog which allowed for 'S Pen only' input to the screen. They've since removed this tick-box and replaced it with a little pointer hand on the bottom toolbar. However, this does not perform the same functionality. With the S Pen disabled, the stupid thing still tries to zoom in and scroll around while I write and rest my palm on the screen (which it didn't do before with the Pen disabled).

I've looked everywhere for global settings to override these things but I can't seem to find them. Has anyone else encountered either of these problems? Has anyone found where (if anywhere) Samsung has buried these settings?

Cheers!

Default Re: Jellybean S Note issues

Try putting your s-pen close to the screen and then put your wrist down on the screen. I believe that in order for the tablet to palm reject, the pen has to be in contact with the digitizer so it can reject capacitive touch.
    Thanked by:
    rmgash 

Default Re: Jellybean S Note issues

I'm glad I'm not the only who has noticed this. This issue has been driving me nuts! Prior to the update I loved how you could check off "S-Pen only" in the main settings menu and it would ONLY recognize your s-pen. With the new update the so-called "s-pen only" feature that's located on the bottom of each note page only prevents your fingers from writing on the screen but still enables you to select any buttons and zooms in (which is the biggest problem).

I'm going to call Samsung to see if this option is hidden somewhere in the settings but I've checked everywhere and don't see it. I'm honestly considering just rolling back to Android 4.0 so I can get the feature back if they don't release an update soon with a fix.