Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Snote: So many ways to take Notes!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
    Lecture Notes doesn't convert to text does it?
    No it does not.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g
    Thanked by:

Like all of us, the more we use this option, the more we demand from it. Twice I have experienced difficulty saving a file. This last time a rename was necessary to save it in SNotes, not a big deal. The ability to work with multiple pdf files is a necessity. Between Lecture Notes & SNotes, the job gets done.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terran White View Post
    Some of my professors format the notes as powerpoint or pdfs. They post the notes a few hours before class, so I just go to the library and convert the slides and save the pdf directly into my dropbox account. I will look into other office apps to see what they may offer.
    I'm qiute new to Note 10.1 and would like to get a 'kickstart' on how to take notes using it. Got the same problem as you Terran - professors often leave handouts or presentations online just a few minutes before lecture starts - and they also often leave them in original Office files such as PP, XL or Word

If I'm presented with original PP files from the lecturer (ppt og pptx) how do procceed to take notes on those. I usually don't have access to a computer to convert from PP til pdf og jpg.
    Are there an app for Note that can handle direct import so I'm ready to take notes straight away - or are there any other necessary steps I need to go through?

It there a way to perform all steps on my Note?
    JoranG
    Terran White likes this.

Awesome video I've been trying to learn how to use this to write notes for class and your video helped tremendously

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

She got me where I am now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Terran do you have a donation link?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    bcbbanga4l and Terran White like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

You can open the powerpoint in polaris office, open the menu, and save as pdf. It only saves one slide per page (I prefer 4 slides to a page-hopefully they will add a away to do that). You can then import to snote. Also, you can normally save the powerpoint directly to your tablet from online, if the professor enables mobile device downloads. If they do not, then you will have to find a browser that will download it in a desktop format. Hope this helped.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Absolutely.
    Found this solution myselves (after updating Polaris)

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    JoranG
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Yes, I do have a donation link-created it today. I have never been asked for a donation link before.

I really enjoy spending my extra time answering questions on this site. It is so wonderful to get so many nice comments and question.

Here is my donation link:

Terran White
    Youtube:
    Last edited by Terran White; 03-21-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    bcbbanga4l and lpt2569 like this.

I gotta say I've been using the LectureNotes app for about 3 weeks now and have found it to be everything I wish S-Note was, despite some pitfalls. The developer is highly responsive to questions and feature requests, and most of the requests appear quickly in the next release. The learning curve for the layout and menus is a little difficult to grasp at first but after awhile you realize thats because there are just so many features.

My greatest annoyance with S-Note was having to open the tool drawer so often when I'm relying so heavily on customized handwriting. I like to handwrite all of my notes in class, and the optional "show toolbox" panel is customizable to 15 pens, and a number of presets. It stays wherever you put the panel until you turn it off, and is I can quickly pick freehand pens or temporarily choose a straight line or shape tool to make perfect underlines and horizontal rules.

At this point I wouldn't advise LectureNotes for people that want to have on the fly handwriting to text recognition. I feel that text input will improve with successive versions, but for now it is primarily a freehand handwriting and annotation tool. Between LectureNotes (4$ and some change) and OfficeSuite Pro 7 (on sale right now) I manage much better than I ever did in polaris and s-note. If you all have any questions about the app feel free to ask me. I will be making a video tutorial of LectureNotes soon, similar to a Terrans videos for S-Note.

Sorry for the thread diversion btw, Terran's videos were a great help in orienting me to S-Note and I'd like to give the same help with LectureNotes. Also*** s-pen recognition and touch rejection works much better in LectureNotes, like S-Note used to.

THANK YOU Terran for all of your previous help with S-Note!
    Andy847 likes this.

I agree with you on Lecture Notes being a great app. I helped someone who was having problems with being able to edit notes after being sent to dropbox and then brought back into S Note app. At least in Lecture Notes you can send a Note to dropbox then bring it back in and edit it. Although, I think Terran explained how to do this in S Note. At the time I found Lecture Notes and at that time figured out how to do it. It's a great app and lots of people give it High ratings in the app store. I'm still stuck on S Note though, for my drawings. I use other apps also, but like the S Note app for what I use it for.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

If only it handled multiple pdf imports...

Sent from the Samsung 10.1 Note.

Do you mean multiple separate Pdfs or multi-page pdfs?

It definitely imports multi-page pdfs as of the last three releases or so, it uses a plugin from the developer called pdf view. The developer had to create his own pdf toolkit because others available are proprietary. He's also opened development for other developers to use pdf view to enable import in their applications. I will detail importing pdfs in my video later.

If you do mean multiple separate pdf files in one import, I can't even do that in s-note as far as I know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Lecture Notes allows the importing of more than one pdf file. S-Notes starts by allowing the importing of one pdf file.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

OK - I'll bite. I only have the trial version of Lecture Notes, and maybe this isn't possible, but can you take photos while in-note (as you can with S Note), and is it possible to import images? I haven't been able to find the menu option to so. I have enabled all the toolbar tools.

Thanks.

It's been awhile since I've done it ilgal, but I do know you can import images into Lecture Notes. Go to the top right where it has the vertical row of three squares in the app, tap on that and you have the option to import an image. Then a screen pops up and gives you some choices, like dropbox, gallery, etc. I have the paid version though. So I would think you would just have to take a photo, then import the image into your Note. Which I'm sure you can do with multiview option without leaving the app Lecture Notes.

Just tried it. If you're in Lecture Notes, go to top and used the multiview icon (the Icon of two boxes overlapping), it will make the Lecture Notes app go to half the screen, then go to the camera app and take a photo, then hit Import Image and choose Gallery( or wherever you have the photo that is listed in the options it gives you), and choose your photo. It will import into the Note you're using. You can then resize. So yes, you can do it in Lecture Notes.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
    Thanked by 2:

With the trial version of LectureNotes you can only create one notebook/import a PDF. The trial is literally just a trial and will not be able to import multiple PDFs, because that would entail creating more than one notebook. Although the full version is only 4.15$, which for me was very reasonable, you can create as many notebooks and import as many pdfs as you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgal View Post
    OK - I'll bite. I only have the trial version of Lecture Notes, and maybe this isn't possible, but can you take photos while in-note (as you can with S Note), and is it possible to import images? I haven't been able to find the menu option to so. I have enabled all the toolbar tools.

Thanks.
    There doesn't seem to be a way to take photos in a live manner like S-Notes, but you can definitely import images. When you are in the open notebook, open the menu and choose 'import image' as seen here.

Then you are provided the option to choose from a variety of sources as seen below. Although I used Astro file manager for accessing files, because samsung's file manager doesn't to be implemented yet (although you can access images from gallery app).

Thanked by:
    ilgal 

Haha sorry for the double answer, I was posting what Andy was saying with photos as you were typing it.
    Thanked by:

No problem Milessthomas, It's better most of the time to show in a pic like you're doing. Easier for some people to understand. Sometimes the typed out words aren't as easy to grasp as actually seeing the images of what to do. So thanks for posting. I actually prefer the way you do it. When I was flashing firmware and rooting my GN, the images posted on the XDA website made it easier to understand.

Well I'm blushing. I don't know how many times I pulled down that menu and my eyes never zoomed in on the Import Image. It's right there where it belongs. Sorry to make you post all those screen shots, but they are appreciated! I love user forums!!

Is there anyway to import multiple pdfs into one s note? Like a pdf to each page?

No and that is the problem with Snotes.

rollandl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    No and that is the problem with Snotes.

So does Lecture Notes do it?

Lecture notes will import a multi-page pdf into a notebooks with one slide per page. From the notebook board, select menu, then "import a pdf as a new notebook." I have not experimented with adding multiple 'separate' pdfs into a single notebook.

Although I have added additional pdfs to a notebook. I did this by first creating a notebook made up of a single pdf with 35 pages. I then realized I needed to add a page to the original pdf, so I added a new notebook page in LectureNotes and used the drop down menu option "insert a pdf" to add the pdf to the last blank page.

Let me get back to you on importing multiple separate pdfs though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I dont know if this has been said before but you were having difficulties in drawing hexagon
    This may help! create a snote idea then insert image then the last option on the drop down menu is insert shape one of these was a hexagon. I found it when I was trying to work out how they did the "how do hybrid cars work ideas" if that helps you out
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast