1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help needed - S planner - how do you enter the same event simultaneously on more than one calendar?

I am a relatively new note 10.1 user, and have a query about using S Planner: when entering events that I would like to appear on both my Google calendar and my work calendar, I ensure that both calendars are selected but upon creating the event only one calendar appears to be selected at the top and that is the one where the event appears. Is there a way to create the event in both calendars at the same time to avoid having to duplicate doing this?
    Last edited by Richarda1; 02-03-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Default Re: Help needed - S planner - how do you enter the same event simultaneously on more than one calend

You don't have to enter the event twice, you just need to direct the S Planner to show events from multiple calendars. To do this, open your S Planner, then click the Options in the upper right corner (three horizontal lines).
    Choose Settings
    On the left panel, you should see all Gmail accounts linked to your calendar. The top option on the left panel is View Settings. Tap this.
    Under View Settings on the right panel, choose Calendars >
    Put a check mark into all calendars you want to see displayed in the S Planner. If your second account is not included, click Add Account at the bottom and set it up.
    OK to back out.

When you add a new event, make sure that you add it to one of those 2 Gmail calendars (NOT to the S Planner "My Calendar") and it will display on the S Planner, and on both of your GMail calendars.

Click to add new event (+ sign at top of screen)
    First item to select in the template is Calendar. Use the drop-down to select the appropriate calendar. (Defaults to "My Calendar" but I *think* once you choose a different one, that different calendar is sticky until you change it again.)

That should resolve things for you!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Help needed - S planner - how do you enter the same event simultaneously on more than one calend

Hi, thanks for the advice. I was aware of the combined view feature which is useful but does not quite meet my needs. The issue for me is that I need to include my personal appointments on my work calendar (which is not Gmail) to remind me about them when at work, and also to include them on my gmail calendar so that I can view them separately on my tab or phone. If I only enter them on the work calendar they won't show on my gmail calendar unless I use the combined view which can look a bit messy on my phone because my work schedule has lots of appointments in the day so personal appointments fail to appear in the month view unless you scroll down or view by week or day. It doesn't seem like it is possible to select more than calendar when entering events so I guess I will just have to enter them on both

Can you associate your work calendar with the S Planner at all? If you can, once you do, you can look at a combined calendar or just see one calendar at a time (change the view through settings). Not sure it that's what you need, but it's worth a try.

Or.....you could just quit working so hard so you don't have so many appointments. :-D