Voice Typing (Dictation) Commands

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
We've been trying the voice typing in PolarisOffice. It seems working pretty well, getting 95% words of daily languages. We didn't try any specialty lingo yet. However, it looks like we can't find a list of voice commands anywhere on Samsung, e.g., starting a new paragraph or line, quotation marks. We did try the commands for Siri and Nuance, some of them worked and others didn't, like you have to say "period" to get the full stop mark at the end of a sentence (the expression "full stop" won't trigger this action, but it does on Nuance) and everytime you speak "period", you get a full stop mark (even when you need the word, not the punctuation). Kind of hilarious.

Anyway, just wonder if anybody knows where to find this list of commands. It'll be very helpful as not being able to use the commands defeats the whole purpose of voice to typing.

Last edited:

wshirt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone found them ? I have been trying out the Google one and need to know, can I delete a word and other punctuation commands.

docyoung

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for the same information. However, if I say period quickly it gives me a period at the end of a sentence. I have been thinking to look at dragon speaking, to see what or how they do it. Is this dragon speaking or google?

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nuance made Dragon Naturally Speaking for many years and before I healed my wrist, I used it quite a bit. They have a list of commands that work in their desktop program, probably now version 12 ish. You could also look at a private site where a lot of work and thought has gone into voice recognition for those who are handicapped. The site is Knowbrainer.com.

oz123

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Last edited: