USB adapter not working

roberttk1967

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with the USB adapter. It seems since the update I can't get it to read any devices. When I plug it in it shows USB connected, but when i plug my cameras sd card in or anything else, i get nothing. It used to bring the file mamager, now nothing.

Any suggestions, is there a settting i am missing.

Thanks,

Robert

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

towpath

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. If you re-boot the usb will be recognised but you'll have to do the same thing each time you plug in the usb stick!

roberttk1967

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks that worked, a pain to have to reboot but at least it worked. Hope they fix this.

Thanks again.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

cbb510027

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. My adaptor is recognized when I first plug it in. The usb symbol then disappears and it will not recognize any flash drive I have tried (1,4,16, 32). In addition when I plug in the note to my pc (two separate ones) it is not recognized. I have searched and checked every forum and googled until the cows came home, tried every fix and still nothing! Any advice? Should I return for a new one?

Tracy Treman

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
What version of Windows? I know that, last I checked, Samsung Kies didn't work with Windows 8. Maybe it's more of the same... Some drivers aren't Windows 8 compatible yet.

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're on Win7 - try to uninstall Kies, than delete the Kies folder under My Documents. Reboot PC and reinstall Kies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

greco201

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Read your reply and thought the same of being a pain to always have to shut off and restart to use the USB adapter. I had found an App called USB Watcher and when I restarted, this app opened and asked if it should be used when usb device is attached. I said yes and since then anytime I add the adapter it opens to the file and recognizes it without restart....Hope this helps.

Snippets_4u

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having this annoying problem? My phone used to detect my USB adapter and USB sticks no problem. All of a sudden now the stick isn't detected yet the USB adapter is detected. One out of every 10 times I try it the phone will also detect the USB stick and allow me to move files back and forth. I really don't wanna try factory reset and USB watcher requires rooting which I have not attempted yet.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Read your reply and thought the same of being a pain to always have to shut off and restart to use the USB adapter. I had found an App called USB Watcher and when I restarted, this app opened and asked if it should be used when usb device is attached. I said yes and since then anytime I add the adapter it opens to the file and recognizes it without restart....Hope this helps.
Only for rooted devices?

LuisRomanRG

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello
I do not understand what "re-boot the usb" means.
I have a new GT-N8013 and I thought it was bad.
Now I see there is a problem with the system but I do not understand what "re-boot the usb" means.

Could you tell me how to do it.
Regards.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think what is meant by "re-boot the usb" is to unmount and then remount the USB device. Do this from the Settings menu.

john9810

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
plug the USB connector in with the usb Stick or memory card power off your note and restart you should be able to see the usb stick on my folders.

Karel Jansens

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I bought my Note 10.1 very recently (less than a month ago) from Amazon Germany (I live in Belgium), together with what I assume are the official Samsung USB and SD card adapters (they do sport "Samsung" in big letters on the outside). The adapters however only work the one time after a reboot. This seriousoly blows chunks, as it reduces the perceived usabliity of my tablet (I have a lot of stuff on external hard disks, USB sticks and Sd cards, and rebooting to access it every single time is a major pain in the posterior.

My tablet is totally up-to-date software-wise (Android 4.1.2), it has not been rooted (nor do I have any intention to do this) and outside of installing ES File Manager I have done nothing with its filesystems. I do have a 64 GB sdxd card installed internally, if that might be of any consequence.

I did send an e-mail to the (Belgian) Samsung support center, but the ***** on call insisted that "German software" installed by Amazon Germany is the culprit. There is no "German software" on my tablet; it is a virgin Android install with Samsung's TouchWiz on top.

AFAICS, Samsung botched up the automounter in their latest update (the last time I saw this kind of prehistoric behaviour in a Linux installation, was with a pre-2000 Caldera CD-ROM. There is no hardware issue: my USB connector cable works fine with a pc, the dongles are recognized by Android and USB sticks (with LEDs) even light up, so they should work.

MFR2

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine was not working either ... none of the 4 adapters I have. So I tried the power-on reboot with the USB adapter connected... it then found it. I have since been disconnecting my USB device before removing it and when I plug a new one in it finds it. I don't know how long this will continue to work but it would seem it is working correctly for now.

Karel Jansens

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Nope, that doesn't work with me. That's to say, it works, until I put my Note to sleep. Upon reboot, it's the usual "USB device detected" and nothing happens.

handsome7707

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys i had the same problem with my samsung note 10.1 usb sd card adapter it wont recognise restart your tablet with usb/sd card plugged in and then it will recognise the usb or sd card and MAKE SURE BEFORE TAKING OUT THE USB/SD CARD YOU CLICK IT TO UN PLUG USB CONNECTOR FROM YOUR BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER you will see option to un plug usb connector and then it works fine if you take out the usb or sd card out without clicking on the option to un plug usb connector you have the same problem again and will have to restart your tablet to sort it there is no need to download any app