Transfer files from PC to tablet -Dropbox with Note 10.1

79diz

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Ive recently purchased the note 10.1 I also have dropbox, Ive been trying to transfer folders from dropbox to the note 10.1 but it is a very slow process. The only way I can do it is if I go into dropbox on the device then into the folders then download each individual file which would take forever. I then tried to download a folder from the actual dropbox website but when I do this it never does it always fails, when I click on it it shows up in downloads as a zip_batch.zip file and has snes lte next to it, how can I change how it is downloaded and with what. Ive gone in to settings and cannot find a way how to do this.

Is there an easier way to transfer files? Ive also tried opening dropbox in polaris office as a cloud but every time I do it it says fail.

Does anyone no a quick and easy way to transfer files from pc to tablet, im really struggling with this. The file size is only 1gb. Maybe it will be easier if I get a usb adaptor to connect to laptop is that easier?

Thanks in advance

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I like Airdroid (free app in the Play store) for this kind of job. It lets you log into your tablet and control it from your PC, so you can just drag the files/folder to your Note. Super simple and much less tedious. No cable needed, either, as long as your Note and your PC are on the same WiFi network (typical in a home or office environment).

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
An equally easy method involves a file management application that can access your cloud service(s). I use ES File Explorer. It has the ability to access the remote system, select the files to be copied, then press the local icon to select the device you are using, go to where you want the files to be copied to and then press the paste icon. Works very well with all of the major cloud services.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

79diz

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is amazing thanks very much!!!!! WIll save me lots of time and energy!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! One other question though there is only 2 folders system and SD card which one do \I transfer to when I go to system(it gives me a warning) and SD I will have to buy an SD card (not a problem as was going to do this anyway) , so should I transfer to SD card or can I still save in sysytem under certain folders?

Thanks again

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
SD is your built-in phone storage. If you open that, you should see many extra folders inside. If you get an external microSD card, then you will also see a folder called, I believe, ExtSD (or similar name) and that reflects your external card. You can make folders within each of the two SDCards (internal and external) folders. You can store files on the external SD card, but not apps. If you are going to load up a bunch of media onto an external card (such as music or video) you might just pop the external card into a card reader on your computer, load it up, and then put the card in the Note. I did this for an initial load of music and videos and it went quickly. I made folders for (music) and (video) on my external card and stored media there accordingly. The Note found the media with no trouble.

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Get DropSync in the Google Play Store. It is the best DropBox addon for any androud device. There are two versions. One free and a pro version that is even better.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

79diz

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Brilliant Thanks guys ive gone with airdroid for now although a little annoyed you can only transfer folders in chrome browser, but I guess its googles so they make the rules! Do you Know if it is possible to use a 64gb micro sd with this or does it have to be 32gb ive read lots of conflicting articles on this on many forums?

Also what is the best video player as I downloaded some vids to dropbox on it and VLC could only read some of them?

Thanks

juju1994

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
hi , i downloaded airdroid .i connected my note to the laptop , opened the folder aidroid i then drag my documents from laptop to note and it said warning file might not be able to be viewed ,etc. i need help pleaseee :(

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm struggling to see your problem fully. If you open Dropbox, pick the file you want - click on export to SD card & the file will download to your Note. Open your file manager, click on the white box on top right hand corner & change it to 'time', you will then see the latest file happening & can open it.
Dropbox should work seamlessly with Polaris. Make sure you are signed in to Dropbox & open the Cloud option, your files should appear. If they don't, try opening both applications together, & open & close several times - this sometimes fixes issues.
The whole point of Dropbox is to have all files available on all devices - those you favourite will be available offline.
As a previous poster mentioned, Dropsync is an invaluable tool. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app

jabbababba28

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
New to forum, hello! Read this with interest as just purchased galaxy note 10.I 2014. Want to transfer Word documents it from Macbook. If I use Airdrop/Dropbox method, are documents fully editable? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan