Save S note files in micro sd card

panchawyahya

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
l Just bought SGN 10 and wondering is it possible to save S_Note files in Micro SD card coz I don't want to make my internal memory full.
Many thanks in advance

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have increased my usage of Lecture Notes due to its added functionality, that being one of them. Another is adding multiple pdf files.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

panchawyahya

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this helpful info. I have tried Lecture Note and wondering if possible for me to set my SD card as default app storage?
I have increased my usage of Lecture Notes due to its added functionality, that being one of them. Another is adding multiple pdf files.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
l Just bought SGN 10 and wondering is it possible to save S_Note files in Micro SD card coz I don't want to make my internal memory full.
Many thanks in advance

It doesnt seem that you can save to the sd card directly out of snotes, but I do have a work around for you that I just tried. Go ahead and create your snote and save as normal. Then go into "my files" and cut and paste the file onto the sd card. Click on the file and it will open. Go to the upper right of the screen and hit the drop down menu. Create a shortcut to that file. Now when you hit the short cut it will open off the sd card and when you edit the file it saves back to the sd card. See if that helps.

The other thing you could do is just let your files save to the onboard tablet memory and if its getting full, move older ones to the sd card. You can always access them, you just may have to go in through "my files".

Edit: I would think this would work for lecture notes as well, but I have not used that program. Many of the android apps are set to look at a specific folder and save to a specific folder. Moving them and creating short cuts can get you around the issue although it is a little work.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this helpful info. I have tried Lecture Note and wondering if possible for me to set my SD card as default app storage?

Lecture Notes supports external card storage. Shortcuts work and I use the feature for another application. For me though it is an extra step I generally dislike.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

panchawyahya

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for try and detail explanation
It doesnt seem that you can save to the sd card directly out of snotes, but I do have a work around for you that I just tried. Go ahead and create your snote and save as normal. Then go into "my files" and cut and paste the file onto the sd card. Click on the file and it will open. Go to the upper right of the screen and hit the drop down menu. Create a shortcut to that file. Now when you hit the short cut it will open off the sd card and when you edit the file it saves back to the sd card. See if that helps.

The other thing you could do is just let your files save to the onboard tablet memory and if its getting full, move older ones to the sd card. You can always access them, you just may have to go in through "my files".

Edit: I would think this would work for lecture notes as well, but I have not used that program. Many of the android apps are set to look at a specific folder and save to a specific folder. Moving them and creating short cuts can get you around the issue although it is a little work.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The leaning curve is a bit steep and the steps taken to achieve the goals seem strange, but upon getting over it, the issues are coming down daily.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2