S-pen Warning

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys
On my Note 2, there's a setting to warn you if you walk away with the phone without putting the s-pen safely back in it's holder. Is there a similar setting/ warning on the GN10.1? I've looked everywhere but cannot see anything obvious.

Regards,
Graham

sundancer01

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy that this question was asked, after having just dug through 2 garbage bags in search of my Spen, which I found!!!!

I'm afraid I don't see this option in SPen settings. Can you be more specific, Ron? Thanks!

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you running Jelly Bean? Once I did the upgrade from ICS, I started seeing a new notification in the notification area "S Pen has been removed". After a brief moment, the message collapses to just an icon of the pen in the notification area. If you cick to expand your notifications, you'll see the message again in the "ongoing" area. Once you replace the pen, the message disappears. This appears to be a new JB feature. Opening up the Settings for the S Pen doesn't offer any options to turn that messaging on or off, that I can see? Under S Pen settings I have:
Pen attach/detach sound
Battery Saving
Options after detaching Pen (determines which app to display, or whether or not to show the shortcuts toolbar)
Airview
Sound/Hipatic Feedback
Quick Command settings
S Pen Help

US Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Same list of settings here (UK based); no warning setting either. Not sure where I find if I'm on Jelly Bean or not but in "about the device" it says I'm on v. 4.1.1 (the tablet was bought this week).

It would be a shame if they've dropped the s-pen alert on the 10.1. I do a lot of note taking and the pen is more often than not out of its holder so an alert if I go wandering off is really useful (or have I overlooked a setting hidden away somewhere in this OS version?)

Regards,
Graham

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc