Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By G3TCASHM0N3Y
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By Breanna Sullivan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Recorder, eventually?

I know you can record what you do in the Snote, but I'd really like to be able to record everything I do on my Note 10.1
    I'm an artist and would like to be able to record my work while in the Sketchbook Pro app, or while playing a new game I'd like to be able to record and put on youtube.

Is anyone aware if we'll ever get this?

Global Posts
    6,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Screen Recorder, eventually?

Screencast....there's a free trial you can use to make sure it's compatible, and you can record sound (both what's coming out of the speaker and your own voice) as well. $4 in the Store. It requires root as well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Screencast....there's a free trial you can use to make sure it's compatible, and you can record sound (both what's coming out of the speaker and your own voice) as well. $4 in the Store. It requires root as well.
    Rooting is an issue! Never done it before, and because I use the spen a lot I'd rather not risk ruining that.

Rooting doesn't keep you from using the s pen or anything. Only adds features. Trust me, I wouldnt do it if it limited you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    sledge007 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Breanna Sullivan View Post
    Rooting is an issue! Never done it before, and because I use the spen a lot I'd rather not risk ruining that.
    Quote Originally Posted by G3TCASHM0N3Y View Post
    Rooting doesn't keep you from using the s pen or anything. Only adds features. Trust me, I wouldnt do it if it limited you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    simply Rooting does not take away or add features , rooting itself is just having permission to make changes on your device.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    sledge007 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I've only been using Android full time since August. I didn't start looking into rooting my device until November or December. It's really not that difficult if you want to put in a little bit of time and do some reading and research. I was just giving you an option that I know.....you can take it or leave it. There may be other options, but this one works for me, so I haven't bothered trying to find any other ways. I did feel a little overwhelmed because there was a lot of different sources, instructions, websites etc on how to root, but I just took my time over a couple of weeks....and once I felt like I knew what I needed to know, rooted my device and haven't turned back since.

I ate frog legs last night......never done it before......they were pretty good (but the chicken wings had 3X more meat for the same price....lol)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've only been using Android full time since August. I didn't start looking into rooting my device until November or December. It's really not that difficult if you want to put in a little bit of time and do some reading and research. I was just giving you an option that I know.....you can take it or leave it. There may be other options, but this one works for me, so I haven't bothered trying to find any other ways. I did feel a little overwhelmed because there was a lot of different sources, instructions, websites etc on how to root, but I just took my time over a couple of weeks....and once I felt like I knew what I needed to know, rooted my device and haven't turned back since.

I ate frog legs last night......never done it before......they were pretty good (but the chicken wings had 3X more meat for the same price....lol)
    I have thought about rooting before, but as you said, there's a lot of info and I'm not entirely sure where I should I go if I want to do it correctly.

As for the app you mentioned before, I've seen it but because of the root thing, I just ignored it. If I am able to root, I'll get it for sure.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

You are correct. Screencaster is the only way. And it requires root. There are other ways but it's much more involved and you be to hook up a pc, by even that requires root

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well, after a lot of help from sledge007 (seriously, thanks again!!), I have finally rooted my device. I even unrooted it (so that I'd know how to for the future) and rooted it again.

And, I got screencaster to work. My thoughts on that app can be found here: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder
    Jinlin likes this.

For anyone coming to this thread now, there are now a number of non-root screen recorders. I've made a feature comparison here:

Android screen recorders compared | recordable.mobi
    Thanked by: