Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilgal
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whats the Easiest way to trasnsfer files from Laptop to SG Note 10.1?

Basically would like to know whats the easiest way to transfer files across from my laptop to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Like for example a pdf, music, movie etc. What i envision is a 1 - 3 Click Process, or a process that has the least amount of action required. Currently what i do is the following: Connect my SG note to laptop -> Click my way to the SG note folder which is about 4 Clicks away - > Cut than Paste the file into he note 10.1 folder -> disconnect the wire from my laptop -> than put the wire back at the wall jack.
    ---
    A lot of steps ....

Default Re: Whats the Easiest way to trasnsfer files from Laptop to SG Note 10.1?

Wifi with something like ES File Explore or something like Drop Box.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Default Re: Whats the Easiest way to trasnsfer files from Laptop to SG Note 10.1?

There's also a useful app. called WiFi File Transfer, it's in the Play Store & I found it very useful.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

I like Airdroid to move files around (free in the Play store).

For things that are going to end up on my MicroSD card, (like movies before I go on a trip) I just pop the card into a card reader and drag the files over via Windows Explorer. For me, fastest way to move a lot of large files.

For smaller ones, though, I use Airdroid.
    flywithlloyd likes this.

I use Drop Box so that my phone, both tablets, two PCs and my laptop all have access to important files.

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by greenxyz View Post
    Basically would like to know whats the easiest way to transfer files across from my laptop to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Like for example a pdf, music, movie etc. What i envision is a 1 - 3 Click Process, or a process that has the least amount of action required. Currently what i do is the following: Connect my SG note to laptop -> Click my way to the SG note folder which is about 4 Clicks away - > Cut than Paste the file into he note 10.1 folder -> disconnect the wire from my laptop -> than put the wire back at the wall jack.
    ---
    A lot of steps ....
    That's generally what I do when transfer files. I really don't understand what you means by "a lot of steps?" Plugging your note in and unplugging? Or those long arduous mouse clicks? I know what you mean. I usually have to take a nap after working that hard.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Everybody is missing the obvious!

I usually transfer 3-5 GB of crap per day - the Dropbox thing is cool if you're transferring a picture of your grandmother, or a PDF file here and there. But, I just pop out my SD card, copying stuff, then pop the SD card back into the tablet. Piece of cake, and fast.

Drop sync for drop box is automated and great for small files too. I sync s-notes between my 10.1 and N2 with it.

I use isyncr for music and movies. It is also automated. Movies do take some time though. So if you're in a hurry it's much faster to pop out the sd card and transfer it direct.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

If your laptop has Bluetooth, use that. I do it all the time.
    Share via Bluetooth and off you go.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    If your laptop has Bluetooth, use that. I do it all the time.
    Share via Bluetooth and off you go.
    How long does that take if you're copying 3 GB at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by flywithlloyd View Post
    How long does that take if you're copying 3 GB at a time?
    3GB?.... OK. Nevermind...

Use the USB. I do this for very large files. Very easy as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    3GB?.... OK. Nevermind...
    That's what I figured.

The EASIEST way, by far, is to just pop the SD card out and slide it into your computer, and the second easiest way is to use the cable. Bluetooth is slow and cumbersome. If you're trying to copy a couple of movies, or other large transfers (like many of us do daily), it just doesn't cut it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by flywithlloyd View Post
    That's what I figured.

The EASIEST way, by far, is to just pop the SD card out and slide it into your computer, and the second easiest way is to use the cable. Bluetooth is slow and cumbersome. If you're trying to copy a couple of movies, or other large transfers (like many of us do daily), it just doesn't cut it.
    Haha yea thats what my issue was as well. I Usually transfer about 3gb like moves and pdf and large files. I haven't tried your method, poping out the sd card and sliding it back in. does the tablet have to be off in order to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by greenxyz View Post
    Haha yea thats what my issue was as well. I Usually transfer about 3gb like moves and pdf and large files. I haven't tried your method, poping out the sd card and sliding it back in. does the tablet have to be off in order to do that?
    Nope, doesn't have to be off, but make sure that nothing is currently using the SD card when you do it. You can go to Settings/Storage and Unmiunt the SD card before doing so, but I've never had any problems. Give it a shot - it's so fast and easy, and faster than trying that Bluetooth crap.

Darn Lloyd, why didn't I think of that, been battling with this for over a month now. Just done exactly what you suggested and I synced my entire documents folder (20Gb) using Vice Versa software. What a winner, WELL DONE and thanks!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Is there a way to get wifi direct to work with a laptop? I use that to transfer pics and video all the time from my GS3 to my Note10.1, and it seems pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMartinovic View Post
    Darn Lloyd, why didn't I think of that, been battling with this for over a month now. Just done exactly what you suggested and I synced my entire documents folder (20Gb) using Vice Versa software. What a winner, WELL DONE and thanks!
    Anytime!

Why can't I just plug the Note into the laptop and use it as a disk drive, like my Galaxy Nexus phone? ... Ah - it looks like I just needed to update some software on the Note!