SwiftKey 4 Download

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the Play Store error because so many are updating for free? I was able to update on my GS3 with no issues.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Never mind. Tried for the seventh time and it worked. Typed this entire reply with flow feature. Much better than the Samsung keyboard swipe and works well with the predictive text. Glad the upgrade was free.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Tried with split keyboard in landscape and flow works pretty well.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried with split keyboard in landscape and flow works pretty well.

Flow is really good. There are a few quirks to get used to but i've been using the Beta for months and I have really enjoyed it. VERY glad the update was free.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
l was using Swype Beta but hated Dragon Dictation. It was horrifyingly bad. I'm glad SwiftKey uses Google Voice Typing. I can finally say goodbye to Swype. Nuance ruined it when they bought it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Message on my GN 10.1 to update to Swiftkey Flow through the Google Play store. It cost me $1.99 for the Tablet Version. I love this keyboard and my Swype days are over, so didn't mind paying for the keyboard on my tablet. Then when I went to my Galaxy S lll phone, got the same message on my phone to download from Google Play Store and when I got there, it's asking me to pay another $1.99. Is this for real? I never had to pay twice to use an app on different devices before with a paid app. That to me seems a little ridiculous. I'm not one to pay for apps unless I use them a lot and really like them. I do like the keyboard, not sure I want to pay again for using on another device. I emailed the developer and asked why this is. Hopefully, when I get a reply and if it makes sense, I'll pay it. Just seems a little weird to me, since I never had to pay again for a paid app just to use on another device before. Does someone on the forum here know why this is?

Update: I just saw that there is a free version of both in the google play store, but only good for a month. Figures!

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update and I'm hooked! Love the flow feature. I never was a fan of swype but this Flow stuff is by far amazing. Love it!

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was able to update the tablet and the smartphone versions for free.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you update the Beta versions still or did you download from the Google Play Store? I ask because I got the Free one for my phone, but it says only lasts a month and is a trial use.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you update the Beta versions still or did you download from the Google Play Store? I ask because I got the Free one for my phone, but it says only lasts a month and is a trial use.

Sometimes with paid apps, when you go to download them again it says "buy" but when you go to download them you're not charged. As long as you bought an app once, you'll never have to pay for it again as it is in your account on the play store website and under "my apps" in the play store on your mobile devices. Perhaps this is what's happening to you. Just update it and click the "buy" button and see what happens. If it does charge you again, you're allowed to get a refund for it within a few min so you won't take the hit. If it's not a big deal, just wait for a reply from the developer and see what they say.

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I updated both versions from the Play Store and the Update button was available.

mlmcgahee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you bought the tablet only version. You also have to do a one time buy for the smart phone version to use on your phone.

Mike :cool:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I bought the phone app also. I like the flow much better than swype now. I now have a bug though on the paid tablet version. When I'm in the galaxy note's browser and I try to do a Google search, if I have to use the backspace /delete button in the search text box, nothing happens. It doesn't work. Also, after that, anything I try to type or flow in the text box, nothing happens. Keyboard doesn't work. This only happens in the Google search text box. Works fine in other apps. Kind of sucks that I can't even do a search on the native browser.
Anyone else have this problem? If I use the Google search bar at the top of my homepage, it works fine. So has to be a bug just in Google search box in the native browser. I like the browser, because of the premium suite features such as cutting images with the S pen and being able to bring into Snote to use for drawings. I noted the bug on the SwiftKey website, just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem? I didn't have this problem on the beta app and doesn't happen on my phone app.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Now suddenly the SwiftKey keyboard is working on Google search text box in the native browser tonight. Wonder what happened to get it to work? I do notice though that it reverts back to the Samsung keyboard when I power on my GN though. That's not the first time that happened either.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the play store note to update. Disastrous. Cursor all over, predictions repeated, uninstalled & re-installed twice. Still the same.
Is there anyway to get back on version 3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz