Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TOUCHSQUID IR remote?

Has anyone tried the Touchsquid app? It claims to use the Note 10.1 IR blaster and to have a large database of video remote controls.

Default Re: TOUCHSQUID IR remote?

tried it on my note 10.1 after reading this post.
    I didn't really like it. a bit overpriced as well.
    there were some quirks i didn't like.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

50 bucks is insane! I use a Samsung remote app for my samsung tv does everything I need it too but shortcuts to favorite programs with nice icons looks great but I'm not paying that much for it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDave View Post
    Has anyone tried the Touchsquid app? It claims to use the Note 10.1 IR blaster and to have a large database of video remote controls.
    Touchsquid is the Android alternative to expensive high end universal remote such as the Creston or Harmony 1100 which sells from $1000 to $2000. It is very powerful and fully customisable. Different from the Harmony remotes, you can create custom button layouts and then further assign anything to those buttons. So where the Harmony remotes have a static set of buttons, with this you can create a layout with only the buttons you need and then assign any device function to any button.

if you want to add new devices or remove old ones, you do not have to hook it to your computer PC and wifi-access to do it. You can do it right in the app. It even has the ir codes for my Lutron Maestro light controller. Also you can create per room profiles so you can have a "family room"profile with the set of devices for that room and then a ''masterbedroom" profile for devices in that room. Plus it works with the Galaxy Tab 2 IR blaster. Also, the pro version supports macros. . If you are familiar with the Harmony remotes and are thinking of switching to this system, be assured. You will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie2011 View Post
    Touchsquid is the Android alternative to expensive high end universal remote such as the Creston or Harmony 1100 which sells from $1000 to $2000.
    The Harmony 1100 doesn't sell for $1000-$2000. Rather for $100.0 to $200.0.