Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Patience please !

I'm in the UK and I guess that there can't be many people over 80 who have gone out to purchase theri first Tablet....well, that's me !
    Some guidance please. I want to be able to watch videos while in hospital.
    Firstly, what software programme do you suggest that I purchase for my PC, as I will be renting DVD's which I want to be able to copy over to my Note 10....and then, will the 'stock' video player be able to play them for me to watch or should I download something from the Playstore to do the job.
    I would really appreciate your advice...thankyou.

Default Re: Patience please !

You could skip the step about renting from the video store and just rent your videos directly from the Play store, or from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeact View Post
    I'm in the UK and I guess that there can't be many people over 80 who have gone out to purchase theri first Tablet....well, that's me !
    Some guidance please. I want to be able to watch videos while in hospital.
    Firstly, what software programme do you suggest that I purchase for my PC, as I will be renting DVD's which I want to be able to copy over to my Note 10....and then, will the 'stock' video player be able to play them for me to watch or should I download something from the Playstore to do the job.
    I would really appreciate your advice...thankyou.
    Buying/renting movies from the Playstore will most likely be your best bet since it'll be right on the tablet for you and you wont have to do anything else or worry about it not playing in the "stock" player. Plus not quite sure on the laws in the UK but copying rented movies from the DVD to your computer/tablet might not be the best way.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Note 10.1 owners. You'll love it once you get used to it. And there's always something to explore and learn. If you have WIFI I have found Netflix to be great on the Note. The Netflix app came with mine, US version. That would offer unlimited streaming for a monthly fee. As others have said, you can download videos from the playstore, Samsung also has a media hub for videos, and then there's Amazon too. Don't forget to look for some games to help you pass the time. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeact View Post
    Nobody really answered your question, and I know how much that sucks. I'm with you, though.

There's some free software to do exactly what you want to do, and I suggest that way as well.

Handbrake let's you rip movies (that you already own, of course . . . . . . . . ) and convert them into a format that you can watch on your tablet.

MX Player is free in the Play Store, and it will pretty much play anything.

I love Netflix, and think it's great, but the selection is somewhat limited. There are more films and Television programs that AREN'T available that are.

If you're willing to spend a few quid, take a look at DVD Catalyst 4 (DVD Catalyst -). It will optimize the conversion for a specific device like the Note 10.1.