Found A Way to sync Snote to External SD card, Interal SD card, and Dropbox at the same time.

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
It is a rather simple process that I will have to explain in a video, but it is totally possible to sync to the external SD card, Internal SD card and dropbox at the same time. I will detail the process today.
**Edited**

Directions:
Download Dropsync. It may have to be the pro-version. ( I am not sure.)
1. Open dropsync settings. Click on synced Folders, then add synced folder.
2. Search through folders to find your storage folder; then Select internal SD card.
3. Scroll to find Snote, and then select this folder if you want all SNOTES Synced to Dropbox; press Select to continue.
***Alternative Option for Step 3:Select a folder with in the SNOTE folder to sync one folder containing snotes instead of linking all your SNOTEs***
4. Select the Dropbox folder that you would like to sync your SNOTES to; click select.
5. Now choose TWO-WAY for sync method.

:mad: ***CAUTION: Two-way syncing means if you modify or delete an SNOTE on your tablet, it will be automatically modified or deleted from dropbox and vice verca. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU MAKE A TESTING FOLDER AND SNOTE TO LEARN HOW TO USE THIS FEATURE AND/OR BACK UP ALL NOTES. I warn you because I deleted half of my notes on accident, but had backups. (No harm done =] ) **** :mad:

6. Go back to the settings of Dropsync; and Select add folder again.
7. Find the storage folder again; Select storage folder.
8. Select EXTERNAL SD CARD (not internal), and choose a folder you want to sync; press select once you found your folder.
9. Now, you will be able to choose which file you want to sync with Dropbox. *** You must sync your External SD card WITHIN the Folder you selected to sync to your INTERNAL SD card in
step 4. THIS STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT! Save to a folder within the internal SD card dropbox folder you chose in step 4***

10. Once your dropbox folder has been Selected; then Select TWO-WAY syncing method again.

You are finished now! Yay.

*Just be really careful of the Two-Way syncing. Please become familiar with this method of syncing before you attempt to sync all of your notes this way. Good Luck.*
Once you sync, you should see a folder in your SNOTE application that is linked to your drop box, internal SD card, and External SD card.

Will provide a video showing yall how to do this tomorrow. I have to edit it tonight. HOPE THIS HELPED SOME OF YOU.

Feel free to ask questions, I will be on this site regularly.

~Terran

Last edited:

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
is their a way to stop samsung cloud storage and still retain the info thats already in the samsung cloud storage? i tried to delete the samsung account but couldnt because most of my snote files was stored in the cloud.. and for some reason my snotes are still being stored on samsung cloud

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
You can disable the samsung cloud from syncing with your SNOTES by going into the settings menu; scroll down to accounts; select samsung account. After this, select your samsung account name,it will have green arrows in a circle around it. You will be taken to a menu where you can select what you want or don't want to share with samsung cloud. If you unclick the SNOTE box, then it no longer sync with the samsung cloud.
I will post a video soon about how to sync external sd card, internal sd card, and dropbox all at once and automatically.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Terran, I'm a fan of your You-tube channel & appreciate how you share stuff with all us folk. On this S Note topic, I temporarily removed my Samsung account from my device for a few minutes in error - I restored it immediately but woe, upon woe - all of my S Notes have disappeared from my device. Do you know if there's a way to restore them somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I did something similar today while trying to figure out the do's and don'ts of my new tip for you all. All I did was sign back into my samsung account and sync my snotes. It seemed to bring everything I had lost back. After I synced them, I unchecked the sync to samsung cloud box. I really hope this works for you. Did you back up your notes anywhere else?
I am obsessive about making sure I have extra copys of my notes, so losing them for a moment was not too serious.

Making a new video now.

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Directions: :)
Download Dropsync. It may have to be the pro-version. ( I am not sure.)
1. Open dropsync settings. Click on synced Folders, then add synced folder.
2. Search through folders to find your storage folder; then Select internal SD card.
3. Scroll to find Snote, and then select this folder if you want all SNOTES Synced to Dropbox; press Select to continue.
***Alternative Option for Step 3:Select a folder with in the SNOTE folder to sync one folder containing snotes instead of linking all your SNOTEs***
4. Select the Dropbox folder that you would like to sync your SNOTES to; click select.
5. Now choose TWO-WAY for sync method.

:mad: ***CAUTION: Two-way syncing means if you modify or delete an SNOTE on your tablet, it will be automatically modified or deleted from dropbox and vice verca. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU MAKE A TESTING FOLDER AND SNOTE TO LEARN HOW TO USE THIS FEATURE AND/OR BACK UP ALL NOTES. I warn you because I deleted half of my notes on accident, but had backups. (No harm done =] ) **** :mad:

6. Go back to the settings of Dropsync; and Select add folder again.
7. Find the storage folder again; Select storage folder.
8. Select EXTERNAL SD CARD (not internal), and choose a folder you want to sync; press select once you found your folder.
9. Now, you will be able to choose which file you want to sync with Dropbox. *** You must sync your External SD card WITHIN the Folder you selected to sync to your INTERNAL SD card in step 4. THIS STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT! Save to a folder within the internal SD card dropbox folder you chose in step 4***
10. Once your dropbox folder has been Selected; then Select TWO-WAY syncing method again.

You are finished now! Yay.

*Just be really careful of the Two-Way syncing. Please become familiar with this method of syncing before you attempt to sync all of your notes this way. :) Good Luck.*
Once you sync, you should see a folder in your SNOTE application that is linked to your drop box, internal SD card, and External SD card.

Will provide a video showing yall how to do this tomorrow. I have to edit it tonight. :) HOPE THIS HELPED SOME OF YOU.

Feel free to ask questions, I will be on this site regularly. :)

~Terran:D

Last edited: