Rooted 4.0.4 ICS to newest rooted JB?

Jason Wilkinson

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I have been trying to figure out what I need to do exactly in order to upgrade to the latest jelly bean, root, and restore anything I have now.

I have spent a lot of time searching for specifically what I need but nothing seems to lay it all out, just bits and pieces and I don't know which are necessary.

I have a rooted Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013EA. I rooted it using Clockwork Mod and Odin. Currently is ICS 4.0.4.

I would like to upgrade to the newest jelly bean firmware, be rooted, and still have everything I have on it now.

I can't figure out if I can just do the over the air update that keeps popping up and then reroot or if I need to unroot using:

How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr

Do I need to install the stock recovery on top of that before upgrading?

I've used titanium backup to backup all apps + data. Will going through this process wipe everything else off my internal and external storage as well?

With all of the constant updates on rooting and early jelly bean installs I'm just finding it impossible to fish out the correct way to go about this, I almost never have to ask for help when it comes to these things and I'm a little frustrated I've failed to come to a conclusion while sifting through everything. If anyone could even just lay out the steps I have to do to get there, I can find the how for each step. Any help at all would be so much appreciated!