1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 16 gb or 32 gb?

So, I've been strongly considering getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1...but I still have a few questions about it. The main one being: should I get the 16 gb version or just pay the extra money and get the 32 gb?

I honestly would have just gotten the 32 gb version, but they don't have it in white. I'm kind of a white tech fiend...they just look nicer to me. I figured I'd just get a micro SD card and call it good. However, I was reading somewhere that you can't transfer apps to an external SD card. Is this true? Is there any way around this, if it is correct?

My problem is that I plan on playing a ton of games. And games, well, they take up space. I had assumed I could just store them all in an SD card, but obviously that's impossible if they won't transfer.

So...advice? Is it worth it to get the 32gb or will my sd card be able to do the job? Also, I plan on buying a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter from Amazon....will that work with the Note 10.1?

Sorry if these questions are dumb...I've never had an Android device and this is also going to be my first tablet. I really want to make sure I get a good one.

Default Re: 16 gb or 32 gb?

If you root, you can then move apps to sd. I have the 16GB model and if I could go back I probably would have gotten the 32. I am almost running out of space on my 16. I've only had it since Oct. I have a 64GB card where I store all my media and files. I do have a lot of games installed, most of which I really don't care about(just installed them to try them out). I'll probably uninstall when I need more room. I'll probably root if later when I completely run out.

Just to warn you, some games take over a gig of space. The only one I have now that is over a gig is Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I had two others which were also over a gig but I uninstalled them. I don't really use my tab for gaming so it does't effect me to much.

The card you plan to order is the one that I currently using in my Note.

Just in case you don't know there's a 4G version coming out soon from Verizon and Sprint. Not sure if they are offering both the 16 and 32GB models.

For the difference in price, I'd pick up the 32 (I know I did and I'm not sorry at all). Right now they seem to be on sale and you can get a 32 GB for about the usual price of a 16 (around $500 US instead of $550).

As R Tan pointed out, you can't put apps on an SD card unless you root the device, so more storage = more games.

As for color, if you are going to buy a case, you won't see the device anyway so color might be irrelevant. The only diff would be that your S Pen would be gray instead of white.

Happy shopping!

I went with the 32 Gb. For the price difference, I wanted the space. I have 16GB of stuff on my phone and I plan on using my note more than my phone. If you don't plan on rooting the device, and I don't, I would definitely go 32 since you can't move apps, only files to the SD card.
    Giffer ~ Note2, Note10.1

I wanted the white so I got the 16GB. But if I could do it again, i'd get the gray 32GB simply because you cannot transfer apps to the SD card without root. If I had known that before my purchase, I would have just gotten 32 so I didn't have to worry about it. Especially now that they are both coming down in price. I do LOVE the look of my white Note though, and I would be sad if I didn't have it. So it's a toss up really.