Tossing out the ipad mini for the Note 10.1

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Damn I'm so excited and no one at home would appreciate it so I had to post it here in the forums!

Taking my ipad mini to a friend to sell tomorrow so I'll have the $ for the Note 10.1. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I wanted the mini because I've never owned any Apple products before and I wanted to give it a go. It's great toy but no functional file system, attachment to iTunes, poor email attachment services, and worthless multitasking makes it a poor excuse for mobile computing.

I'm also an owner of the BlackBerry PlayBook and for what I listed above it is light years ahead STILL of any Apple products. As the self proclaimed tech junkie that I am, I'm really excited to finally get my hands on one of the best Android tabs out there (imo).

Anyone have any tips for me that you think are absolute need to know? I currently am using an HTC EVO 4G LTE as my daily driver and I'm not Android illiterate by any means. But tips are appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Damn I'm so excited and no one at home would appreciate it so I had to post it here in the forums!

Taking my ipad mini to a friend to sell tomorrow so I'll have the $ for the Note 10.1. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I wanted the mini because I've never owned any Apple products before and I wanted to give it a go. It's great toy but no functional file system, attachment to iTunes, poor email attachment services, and worthless multitasking makes it a poor excuse for mobile computing.

I'm also an owner of the BlackBerry PlayBook and for what I listed above it is light years ahead STILL of any Apple products. As the self proclaimed tech junkie that I am, I'm really excited to finally get my hands on one of the best Android tabs out there (imo).

Anyone have any tips for me that you think are absolute need to know? I currently am using an HTC EVO 4G LTE as my daily driver and I'm not Android illiterate by any means. But tips are appreciated.

Congrats on your upgrade :)

Here's some thing you might find useful, Free 50GB Cloud Storage - For Life
https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get

Should be very useful for storing info on the cloud,

lvdukerider

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife just got the I pad mini purchaced for her by work. I played with it and its a nice device but IMHO dosent hold a candle to the Note 10.1. I upgraded to the 10.1 from the origional Tab in December and what a diffrence, I like mine so much i plan to upgrade my cellphone to the Note 2 mid March. I never did understand the big facination with Apple products, just not my prefrence I guess.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 2 and it is quite awesome. I had an iphone 5 on launch day and what a let down it was. Long time iphone user to android convert with the release of the note 2. Best move ive ever made in a phone.

I plan on buying the note 8 tablet when it comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JaneSpau

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Damn I'm so excited and no one at home would appreciate it so
(snip)

I just went from a Thrive tablet to the Note 10.1 and I can not tell you how amazing I find the Note to be. One thing I love is that there is a TASK MANAGER! You activate it by tapping on the double window symbol at the bottom of the screen and holding a second. You will get a pop-up that shows all the apps that are running and at the bottom is the block to open Task Manager. Great addition to android. I do not know if it is part of Jelly Bean or something native to the Note, but either way, it is a great tool to have.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The mini was nice, but really not for me. I appreciate the feedback so far guys. I got $400 out of my mini and just waiting for my taxes in just a few more days to fill in the rest. REALLY excited. Most of the reviews I've seen for the Note 10.1 is heavily focused around the S pen. I'm looking forward to that functionality, however even if that wasn't a part of it, it looks like a better tab than the Asus Transformer. That was the only other one I was considering. Still feel like I'm making the right choice with the Note though.

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
SO SO many great things you can do with the Pen! I've had this since October and I still learn something new about it almost every day. My two first tries at tablets were an iPad 1st gen and then a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The stylus in the Note truly, truly makes this a work & school production device. (Movies look great on it, too!) Enjoy once you finally get it in your hands!

JaneSpau

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Truthfully, I like the S pen and the functions it can accomplish are GREAT, however, the tablet itself is also really super nice. i love the pressure sensitive screen. My Thrive also has pressure sensitivity, but the Note is much, much more so. The color is spectacular on the Note as well.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got it in the mail today and all I can say is after using it for the last 7 hrs is that its everything I had hoped for. Took 2 trys to get the JB update loaded on it but lots of improvement from ICS. All in all I'm very pleased to say the least typing on it now and can't wait to continue to learn more and more.

Last edited:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else here tried pluggin it into a PS3? I did and it never came up as a drive or anything. I have an SD card in it.

etotheo

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice work with the purchase.
Not sure what you mean by plugging it into the PS3... to use as a charger? Or video playback? Either way, I haven't tried it. I do have Samsungs HDMI adapter which works great .

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice work with the purchase.
Not sure what you mean by plugging it into the PS3... to use as a charger? Or video playback? Either way, I haven't tried it. I do have Samsungs HDMI adapter which works great .

What I was looking to do is transfer files bask and forth. Videos mostly. iMediaShare works great for getting video from the Note to the PS3, but cant send files back to the Note.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance