Terran's new note-taking video

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Terran, you are a rock-star for showing yourself using this device in class.

I picked up a couple of great ideas from watching this.

1: Draw big, cut the drawing as a screen shot, then paste in as an image so it is sizable. GREAT idea!!
2: It looks as though you have set up several presets for your pen and are switching between colors/widths with the pen button.
3: Practice makes perfect. You are obviously very comfortable with the features of your Note. For people considering a purchase, I think it's important to take a little time before that first meeting or class and get comfortable with the S Pen and the various features so you aren't scrambling around looking for tools, missing something important.

I didn't see this in the video, but I hope you are hitting "Save" often! :)

PS: Hey, Terran. You comment in the vid that you are having trouble drawing hexagons. Why not use the Shape tool to draw one (Insert > Shapes > scroll to a hexagon) then clip one into the clipboard so you can grab & resize anytime you need?

Thanks for another great video!

Last edited:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Terran, I'm using the same technique to cut a drawing and paste it back in another S Note or even the Same S Note. In your video you don't write over the area of the Image you pasted in the S Note. You made it Smaller. I did a drawing that was too big for an S Note and did the same thing as you to "resize" the image smaller to fit into the S Note. Only problem I have is when I write or Draw over it, the Blue Resizing Box keeps popping up. Do you know a way to stop this from Happening? So the blue Box doesn't keep popping up if you write or draw over the Pasted Image?

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello. If you want to write over a picture or a screen capture, start drawing outside of the pictures boundaries then move onto the picture (this works if you want to color or fill in something). You can draw or write on the picture using quick swift letters (or what ever you are doing), and the picture will not resize. I hope this helps.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for answering Terran, I'll have to try that. I'm not having trouble with it resizing as I draw or write on it, I just don't want the Blue Box to keep opening up. I want the picture to stay where I put it and not have to worry about the blue Box popping up everytime I write, color, or draw, over it. I'll try what you said though and see if that helps.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Terran, I tried what you said about drawing on the outside of the added image first, then working my way in over the image and the blue box didn't appear again. So thanks for the info. I just did a quick practice drawing to try it, but it worked. I'll let you know when I'm working on a drawing that takes longer and have more time to see if anything changes and will let you know if it's still a problem. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox