Default keyboard

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my default keyboard set to the Swift Key tablet keyboard. When I power down my tablet and power it back up the Samsung keyboard is now the default keyboard. No matter how many times I default it to Swift Key it happens again. I never had this problem until about a week ago. Has anyone else come across this? In advance thanks for your help.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It happens to me as well. Really strange because you wouldn't think powering it down would lose your settings. It also turns off my auto rotate.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I'm just using the samsung keyboard til they get this bug fixed. Really annoying. It doesn't happen on my phone with swiftkey and I have the Galaxy Slll.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Happens every timeI start my Bluetooth keyboard. After selection of the desired keyboard, everything is fine until the next day when restarting Bluetooth in preparation for the Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive been toying with the stock keyboard and Swiftkey. Cant decide which one I like more. I am however an avid user of it on my Evo and I do have that problem on it about every 3rd restart.

Tracy Treman

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
The workaround may work but I hate paying for something to fix a bug. Fortunately I don't power down that often. If anyone finds a real fix, please post it here.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The workaround may work but I hate paying for something to fix a bug. Fortunately I don't power down that often. If anyone finds a real fix, please post it here.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I agree, why pay for something when Swiftkey should fix the problem, and I already paid them for the keyboard. I was just starting to love this keyboard and the Flow feature. I wonder why the Beta Tablet version didn't have this problem, but when they make you pay for it and it's available in the Play Store, all of a sudden it's not working properly. Wish they just kept the Beta version available. I'll just stick with the Samsung Keyboard for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol