Slow WiFi speeds with my Note 10.1

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
This is a preliminary question that may generate more questions for me to answer. I have noticed on many occasions that Internet speeds seems to be slow on my note. When I run speedtest on both my Note and my phone, my Note frequently gets half the download and upload speed that my phone does.

I have also noticed quite often that when I look at the WiFi network list on my Note it often says that it is scanning, even when it is connected to a network. I rarely connect to a network other than my home, so I am not sure if this issue is specific to my home network.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should look for on my home router or on my Note that may explain this?

Thanks for any help.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my Note 10.1 last evening and noticed the same. I am using the Verizon version and primary browser is Chrome. I have the Note 2(Sprint) and it seems to be snappier on that device.

Right now my focus is with Verizon. Somehow my device was activated differently than what I wanted. I have been on transferred several times and now waiting for almost 15 minutes on hold.

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Try to disable /enable wifi
I have the note 10.1 and I have to do it every few hours

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

Eslam Amer

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have The Same problem Wi fi Is Too Slow Don't Know Why? Don't know how to fix it? and This is the second day using The note I hope this is not the ordinary speed

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Is this something you have to do regularly with the Note? (Turning on and off Wi-Fi to get decent speeds)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It must be driver related somehow. Almost like the driver degrades over a period of time and use. Thought it would be fixed with the last update they pushed, but it still remains.

My note 10 does not do it, but my note 2 does it on at&t. I have to turn wifi on and of sometimes to get a decent speed in my own network.

As for scanning, all devices will do it unless you tell them not to. If you disable it, you will have to connect to wifi manually every time you change locations. The searching is just the device trying to auto connect to known networks.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It must be driver related somehow. Almost like the driver degrades over a period of time and use. Thought it would be fixed with the last update they pushed, but it still remains.

It would appear that the latest update fixed my issue. My 10.1 has been whistling along on wifi ever since.