Using a projector from Note 10.1

slidder101

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi can anyone tell me if its possible to connect a Philips Picopix pocket projector to a Samsung Note 10.1. On the Philips web site they confirm that it can be used on Apple products.
Thanks

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If the Philips has an HDMI connector, it is possible, but but it would require buying an HDMI adapter dongle from Samsung and of course a compatible HDMI connector between the pico projector and the Note 10.1 (via the samsung HDMI adapter). Another possibility is to connect to the Projector's USB input via the samsung charging data cable and play files off the Samsung as if it were attached storage. Frankly, I would just put the files you want to play on an SD card and play them back via the projector's integrated media player Unless of course you were looking to project the samsung screen in real time via the projector for game play - in that case you are back to the HDMI adapter route. Good luck.

ryansmithwvc

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a related question as someone considering the note 10.1 for classroom instruction. I like what I have seen of the S Pen and S Note features, but does the note app output to the projector so that I could put lecture notes, diagrams, etc. on display for the whole class?

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Suppose it's possible through the Samsung Allshare cast dongle.
I have bought one for this purpose, but haven't tested it yet...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

PAL Sucks

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a related question as someone considering the note 10.1 for classroom instruction. I like what I have seen of the S Pen and S Note features, but does the note app output to the projector so that I could put lecture notes, diagrams, etc. on display for the whole class?
Using HDMI out, you should get an exact copy of the screen on the projector. I've read that the HML to HDMI adaptor doesn't work properly and has been discontinued for the Note 10.1 (was looking into getting one myself). The AllShare Cast method seems to be Samsung approach now, which would be better for wandering around the class - no HDMI cable

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85