New Note 10.1 coming anytime this year?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It looks like an ugly Galaxy phone. That big ugly button is a real turn-off.

It's okay. I mean I don't hate the look but I don't love it either. There's so many great options when it comes to Android tablets that if you think one is "ghastly" you have loads of other options. I will give Samsung credit though for being different and not just making it a rectangle like most tablets. Not that I dislike the rectangular tablet, but I will give credit to companies that think outside the box.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I see several of you have mentioned wanting more RAM. I have never noticed a need for it yet. Running multi windows, gaming, other multitasking, beating ipeople with it (I kidd):what:, and I've never been able to use more than out 1.2gb of the available 2.

Can someone give me an example?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Christopher Clark

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I went from a Nexus 7 to a Note 10.1 and really have no issues with pixel density or resolution. My 38 year old eyes can't tell the difference. I've watched movies and played games on both tablets and both have taken everything I've thrown at them and looked great while doing it. I just wanted a little bigger screen and S-Pen to draw and sketch, so I went with the Note 10.1. Call me crazy, but I also like stock TouchWiz over vanilla JB. Having owned a S3 for awhile, the Note 10.1 was super easy to get accustomed to. I know 99% of you hate Touchwiz, so keep the flaming to yourself. I find the added features and animations are a nice touch to stock JB.

Badmikiev

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Breanna S on the RAM issue. 4 G would probably be affordable. But I would still like to see 6 G offered. It would push the app developers to make better programming to take advantage of the new realestate.
But also, I don't have a Note 10.1, and I want to get one. And I want my device to come preloaded with the latest O.S. At least do a repackage of the 'OLD' hardware.

NoodlesMcFilthy

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my Note 10.1 about a month and I gotta say it's one of the nicest pieces of tech I've encountered...
The S-pen adds so much to the functionality that it completely turned my opinion of Tablet computing on its head! As the range and quality of the Digital Art apps keeps improving I can see me getting some serious mileage out of this device without any real need for a newer version.
The screen resolution is fine... browsing, video playback, art applications, all look gorgeous.
The speakers are a little lacking in volume and bass but slip in a set of headphones and it all sounds awesome.

I can't think of a single thing that could tempt me to an upgrade any time soon.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my Note 10.1 about a month and I gotta say it's one of the nicest pieces of tech I've encountered...
The S-pen adds so much to the functionality that it completely turned my opinion of Tablet computing on its head! As the range and quality of the Digital Art apps keeps improving I can see me getting some serious mileage out of this device without any real need for a newer version.
The screen resolution is fine... browsing, video playback, art applications, all look gorgeous.
The speakers are a little lacking in volume and bass but slip in a set of headphones and it all sounds awesome.

I can't think of a single thing that could tempt me to an upgrade any time soon.

Oh, I agree with your praise, Noodles. Being a device junkie, I would go through tablet after tablet. And my other tablets were decent devices, I just would be jonesin' for something new. Until my Note. I had found The One, well, you know, The Ten Point One...and The Two. I have one of those, as well.

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm with Noodles, hands down the best tablet I've owned. I'm literally never without mine and have it hooked to my mobile hotspot on my phone. Paired this way I never have to carry my laptop with me. I use remote desktop to get to my work apps for entering orders etc. and other than that I use the 10.1 for everything else. I'd be lost without an S Pen on a device. I just couldn't imagine work or leisure without it! The only thing I could see myself doing is possibly getting a 4G LTE version as it would simplify things a bit.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a Samsung Galaxy Event on the 20th in London? I imagine that would be a good place to announce a new Note 10.1. Unless they are using that to announce the Note 3 or something. Is there any other new Galaxy devices that require their own event that we're anticipating?

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It looks like an ugly Galaxy phone. That big ugly button is a real turn-off.

Went from a Note 10.1 to a Note 8.0 which I far prefer. Looks are subjective. The 10.1 has the advantage of a bigger screen which many need. I found it a bit grainy, but nothing terrible. The whole tablet just didn't feel right to me and I felt the Note 8.0 had a better quality build and the text was sharper because of the smaller screen size. I suspect there will be a new Note 10.1 if only to make it look more like the Note 8.0 and to use the same MHL port which is quite a bit more flexible. It's hard to imagine the resolution increasing given the active digitizer.

Philip

ZukHIM

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I would like to keep on this subject... At this present time I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB 3G and a Samsung Galaxy Note II.
The thing that I had a problem with 10.1, but not his fault, it was the place that repairs it. So, in the end I will get my money back once a handle the tablet.
The question I to make is: What should I do it?
Shall I buy a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - exactly the one I have.
Shall I buy the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Shall I wait for a new release of any new Samsung tablet device
Shall I buy a different one?

I just now that I think Samsung is great, I love the idea of the S Pen even because I like to use it for other stuff.
I am considering to get the same I have it now, and save the rest money to buy another good, such as the new PlayStation 4. Lol

Sorry for too many details and thanks for the consideration.

HumanizerDroid

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
This has been an interesting read, I think that the Samsung Note 10.1 screen Res has always let it down from the start, but i bought one anyway, because it does so much stuff no other tablets can compare to, including; Surface, iPad, Nexus. I personally think the GN 8.0 is perfect, it looks beautiful, its light, better camera the extra 30PPI make a huge difference to the way it feels and looks.

The back, menu and physical button allows us to get rid of that unsightly bar at the bottom, giving us a full screen viewing experience. (and something to take your frustration out on if it freezes for a 1/8 of a second)

I have heard a couple times of a 12 inch tablet coming from Samsung sometime this year. Personally I would love one! Bigger is always better... So I am told.

I love the idea of a note 12", I think the GN 10.1 is perfect for use as a one use application but when you go side by side, the extra 2" will make a huge difference.

There are times my 10" Note weighs a ton, a 13" would be something I would hate having to hold for an extended period.

As seen with the new GS4 bigger doesn't always mean bigger and heavier, we all know we should of heard something about it by now, I hope Samsung have been working on making the tablet.
I hope there main aims are, Keeping The Same Great Functionality, Larger Screen, Reduced Bezel, Better Battery and Lighter (Just like the S4 and what looks like they have achieved with Note 3)

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Multi window would be a big selling point for me. Last week I picked up. 7.0, only to find out it didn't have multi window.
I enjoy that feature all the time on my Note 2, I can imagine it will be even better and more useful on a 10 inch tablet and higher!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

Duceyco

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. 2GB is the most I have seen to date with this spec and I don't see the need for it. I understand there is a buzz that the GN3 will have 3 GB. But seeing it is also rumored to boast a 13MP camera with Optical IS and an Octa Core 1.8, I wouldn't be surprised.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Seems like 12" borderlines on laptop size.

The real question is how long do you want to be without a tablet while wsiting on a rumor? Always a crapshoot in the tech world.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
They've been pretty mum on this topic (as they are with several things). I was hoping for something new (not an ATIV Q) for this school year coming up. I hope the 8.0 wasn't seen as an "upgrade." I suppose my GN10.1 can hold up a bit longer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo