Galaxy note 10.1 HDMI adapter

iSenne

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have two questions about the HDMI adapter (EPL-3PHPBEG). When I connect my Note to the TV (22" HD Ready or 47" Full HD) there seem to be missing a piece of screen. The top and Bottom are cut off. Also I would like to rotate my TV and show the tablet screen in portrait mode. But when I put the tablet in portrait mode, the TV shows it in landscape (small screen in the middle of the TV).

What can I do about that?

Kind Regards,

Senne

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get the adapter from? I looked on Samsung's site and they are back ordered. I looked on Amazon and found some similar but not the exact model number?

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
byrds8: I ordered mine from Adorama.com when it was available, and not backordered. It seems to come available every two weeks or so... I added it to my cart anyway during backorder, and it shipped within 1.5 weeks.

Samsung HDTV Adapter for the Galaxy Tablet EPL-3PHPBEGXAR

Although, for the OP, my original MFR Part Number for the adapter was MFR: EPL-3PHPBEGXAR. I'm not sure if the '...XAR' portion differentiates it from the Tab 2 adapter, or if they use the same adapter. If they are different adapters, then your tablet may be misprojecting the signal if they are incompatible. When I put my tab in portrait mode it fills the vertical middle section of the screen with black bars on the left and right. If I have it in landscape mode it fills the entire screen on some tv's and on others it leaves a small horizontal black band on the top and bottom, which I assume is due to a inconsistent pixel ratio, i.e. not true HD.

**On some tvs, using the feature 'overscan,' (set in the tv's setup menu) causes my tablet to display cut off as you describe. I would play around with your overscan and zoom functions if your tv's have those functions. I will test my own tv tonight and see if I can reproduce the view without the tablets display cut off slightly top and bottom.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey iSenne,

I played around with my tab to reproduce what you described. It seems that at least for me, overscan definitely caused a sliver of the top and bottom of my screen to be cut off. I turned off overscan on the tv itself and didn't have any more issues. The only black bars are the vertical ones that appear when the aspect ratio doesn't match, but that goes away when using apps capable of using the TVs whole pixel array (I.e. Netflix, Google play tv and movies). Hope that helps!

Good luck!

PAL Sucks

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, check the TV settings. Some TVs force overscan. There may also be an open to zoom or crop on the Note 10.1 which you can experiment with (there is on my ASUS TF101 with inbuilt HDMI port).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair