Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrade!!

Anyone else get an upgrade?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgrade!!-20130321_121706.jpg   Upgrade!!-1363882675369.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Default Re: Upgrade!!

Yep!!!! Updating now! What's new?

Downloading now!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My tablet is faster. Not sure what else is different just yet.

Update finished, it's moving faster but I haven't seen any other changes as of yet.

Global Posts
    2,862 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

what update and to what tablet? N8013?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GT-N8013 | JellyBean 4.1.2 |

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Just updated! Seems faster.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Must be build JZ054K.N8013UEUCMB3 (under Settings, About device) reported a few days ago in this thread: So a update came out and is there anything new

A Google search still doesn't turn up much info on it:

US Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-N8013 New Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 'MB3' Rolls out - Android ROM Update

This new 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update has now with its baseband versionN8013UEUCMB3, this an update from Januarys 4.1.2 JB releasedN8013UEUCMA3. There is no official changelog provided by Samsung about this update.
    Install Official UEUCMB3 Android 4.1.2 Firmware on US Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013

UEUCMB3 Android 4.1.2 firmware fixes bugs along with some improvements.

I am going to get a tablet but I am wondering if I should get one now with the Ice Cream Sandwich or wait until the tablets with Jelly Beam are available. On the Samsung web site they write there are enhancements besides Jelly Bean. Does anyone know if the upgrade includes more then Jelly Bear. Also on You Tube there is a video for the upgrade and it says some apps don't work with the upgrade.

It does not matter which OS it has - upgrading takes maybe 10 minutes.
    I have not found any apps (that I have) that do not work on JB. Everything works better, faster, and smoother in my experience.
    Loren

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

I got the upgrade last night. I am not sure what has changed, but I ran Quadrant and An Tu Tu benchmarks, and the results were phenomenal. On the other hand, my Asus Transforner TF300 was upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.2.1 about a week ago, and it's scores are still miserable. It's a good device (I have it with the dock), but it is not in the same league as my Note.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

It's changed the look of the video player slightly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Terran White likes this.

Upgraded this morning. Have yet to see what changed.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

For me, the screensaver icon changed and if you select the screensaver app you get a repeating video that shows the features of the Note 10.1...i.e.,the screensaver is a commercial. Was this always the case or was there a non-advertising screensaver before this? BTW, I only noticed this because when my update finished I got a message saying something about the screensaver app having a problem so I went to the app drawer and ran it.

Mine showed up this morning, came here to see if anyone knew what was new. At first I was hoping for some 4.2 love but an upgade is an upgrade will be interesting to see what's new after it's finished.

I have noticed some slow wi-fi speeds over the past few weeks. Since the update yesterday I have yet to have a poor speed test result. Perhaps the upgrade improved the wifi.
    Thanked by:

I just noticed that the battery life indicator becomes yellow when it is below 20%

And it turns into red when it's critical

My verizon nexus just got an upgrade, but my time looks funny. notice how big the 5 is. Also my foxfi tether app no longer works. Corruption possible?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgrade!!-screenshot.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Jables10 View Post
    My verizon nexus just got an upgrade, but my time looks funny. notice how big the 5 is. Also my foxfi tether app no longer works. Corruption possible?
    You might want to post that in the Nexus section. We are talking about the Note 10.1. Looks to me like the 4.2.2 upgrade though. That's how the clock looks now with that update.

Global Posts
    21,595 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Jables10 View Post
    Probably not corruption. Every carrier is trying to bypass FoxFi, in which FoxFi tries to bypass the carrier. What I don't get is why we can't have a couple GB of HotSpot usage with the plan, and pay for extra if we want to?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Using snote is more difficult now. I feel like I have to press harder on the screen for the letters to come out looking normal. I am going to change my pen's tip to see if that helps. Snote seems a bit slower, but colors look better.

With this upgrade is there the multiple users feature of the newer Android?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

I got the update a few days ago... (in Kuwait) but havent really noticed anything different (N8000 Btw) maybe somewhat faster but i blink sometimes so I might be missing something. I read above about a screensaver??? where is that located?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I noticed something new today. You can no longer choose if you want to sync snotes to the samsung cloud. You have to delete the account from your note 10.1 in order for them not to sync.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast