now that I have it .... Note 10.1 vs iPad (1, 2, 3 , et al ?)

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok now that I have it lol....

As I explained in the other thread, I brought my Dad to bestbuy to help him get a 329 Tab 16gb I believe. Soon we went to 32gb, then up to the Note, then settling on top line 500 Note 10.1 32gb. At checkout he said " You will need to help me each step of the way so why dont you goget one "and pay me back later :) :p :eek:

WEll next thing you know Im home with a new Note 10.1 32gb that happened so fast I barely had time to reflect. Im not a HUGE Apple fan buti did have a 3GS in 2009 I lovvvved and I was given a baaaaarely touched "used" ipad original by an old friend when my Mom died in 2011 ( ipad did great till meeting an untimely death last fall)..

I am no apple cult fanboi but of course appreciate what they do and their products . What did I gain vs give up with an awesome tablet by samsung vs an ipad ? I concede the newest retina ipad is most likely a good deal better but also more expensive.... vs the lower ipad versions its a much closer fight right? Well you smart techs can tell me the good vs the bad maybe..... thanks !

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok now that I have it lol....

As I explained in the other thread, I brought my Dad to bestbuy to help him get a 329 Tab 16gb I believe. Soon we went to 32gb, then up to the Note, then settling on top line 500 Note 10.1 32gb. At checkout he said " You will need to help me each step of the way so why dont you goget one "and pay me back later :) :p :eek:

WEll next thing you know Im home with a new Note 10.1 32gb that happened so fast I barely had time to reflect. Im not a HUGE Apple fan buti did have a 3GS in 2009 I lovvvved and I was given a baaaaarely touched "used" ipad original by an old friend when my Mom died in 2011 ( ipad did great till meeting an untimely death last fall)..

I am no apple cult fanboi but of course appreciate what they do and their products . What did I gain vs give up with an awesome tablet by samsung vs an ipad ? I concede the newest retina ipad is most likely a good deal better but also more expensive.... vs the lower ipad versions its a much closer fight right? Well you smart techs can tell me the good vs the bad maybe..... thanks !

You would be hard pressed telling the difference between the larger iPads although the Retina display DOES stand out. When you look at the mini...Not so much. I think that the Note 10.1 is pretty well equal with the iPad 4 w/ retina display.

I would suppose what you really need to ask yourself since you and dad both own them now and YOU are use to Android would it be worth youe while to keep it bond with Pop over showing him what it is all about.

You have to also take in consideration the simplicity of an IOS device that just flat out works with little drama and an easy learning curve. Have said that do I think you missed out, Not at all. Go have fun with your dad and both of your new note 10.1 tablets.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The members on this forum have already detailed this topic from a few different vantage points. The Note excels in the arena of stylus input with a highly intuitive feature set with many apps that enhance the capabilities of the SPen. From a screen resolution perspective it is outperformed by the ipads pixel density, but this is due to limitations of use with the stylus (which people have talked about potential product refreshes as well as the technology improves). The processing capabilities and hand written note taking have been the biggest advantages for me. I would refer to these threads first, then if you have additional questions ask them here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-4-even-though-its-just-upgraded-3rd-gen.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/200742-note-vs-surface-other-tablets.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...53563-thinking-about-getting-note-10-1-a.html

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Jag you basically hit the nail on the head there ... im fairly adultish but due to time and circumstance live with the old man ... having these two to bond over isnin fact worth Any and I mean any tech difference between the two...

Luckily he is familiar with basic Android from his cell phone ( HTC SOMETHING or other ... was a super topline model sometime 2011)... he also may be upgrading to a S G II to join me on mmoneysaving Net10 so he isnt completely foreign ... and he would be so annoyed learning Apple ( despite its simplicity to be honest ) this was best for him on a few levels, and I cant complain sometimes you just have to be thankful for what you have right ?
The screen I knew id be giving up some tech but the other hardware is important to me and i take it to be very good at minimum ..

Surprised I cant DL itunes tho ... you can get it in a PC why not android ?

Thanks much for your input

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Jag you basically hit the nail on the head there ... im fairly adultish but due to time and circumstance live with the old man ... having these two to bond over isnin fact worth Any and I mean any tech difference between the two...

Luckily he is familiar with basic Android from his cell phone ( HTC SOMETHING or other ... was a super topline model sometime 2011)... he also may be upgrading to a S G II to join me on mmoneysaving Net10 so he isnt completely foreign ... and he would be so annoyed learning Apple ( despite its simplicity to be honest ) this was best for him on a few levels, and I cant complain sometimes you just have to be thankful for what you have right ?
The screen I knew id be giving up some tech but the other hardware is important to me and i take it to be very good at minimum ..

Thanks much for your input

Because iTunes is IOS :) and Yes I hear ya. many would love to have it but except for Mac and PC versions desktop no such luck on the tablet. Hey you and your dad have fun and if I can help you with anything else shout at me. I am easy to find.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Just keep using iTunes on your PC and download iSyncr from the Play store. It'll sync your PC iTunes library with your Note even wirelessly, and will sync any mp3s you buy on the Note back to your PC iTunes library.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool