Galaxy Note 10.1: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped

Shannon Carnevale

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago it started. Whenever I push the home button or anything on that panel I get the message "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". Then I have to press ok. It even does that sometimes when I'm in the middle of a game (bingo or something like that) or yesterday it happened when I was using Polaris Office to fill out my paperwork for work. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what I could do to fix it? My Note 10.1 is not even 2 months old and was running perfectly until I would say 4-5 days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped

Any changes you did to the device leading up to this event?

Is the device stock? Using anything like a 3rd party launcher, etc?

Shannon Carnevale

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Device is stock... no altering it of any sort. The only thing it may have done was an update to 4.1.2 but I can't remember when exactly it did that update. No other changes at all... I haven't even installed any apps in the past 2 weeks or so.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

My s3 did this

You have to do a factory restore through your computer.
It sucks and samsung onky says sorry.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Shannon Carnevale

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Yes I got irritated to the point where I did the restore yesterday morning. Fortunately I was able to back up my important stuff :)

Omar Esam

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

my '(asus) tablet did this with me and idont now what to do iget a mesage said ( Unfortunately, System UI has stopped)

plz help me... fast

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the system UI, apk is what runs your status bar. If you can work your way through the phone while closing the annoying error messages, go into your settings, then applications, and view all applications. Scroll down to System UI, click it and hit clear cache then clear data and reboot.

if that doesn't work the only thing you can do without being rooted is to do a factory reset.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the system UI, apk is what runs your status bar. If you can work your way through the phone while closing the annoying error messages, go into your settings, then applications, and view all applications. Scroll down to System UI, click it and hit clear cache then clear data and reboot.

if that doesn't work the only thing you can do without being rooted is to do a factory reset.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Clearing cache didn't work for me in that the message kept popping up so I did a force stop. Then the error message goes away. If the message is still popping up, even after rebooting it will just return. Only thing is, the "show all running apps" button doesn't work. I also can't change my wallpaper without it coming back so I'm stuck with the default live wallpaper. I was having system memory issues leading up to this so I switched from Apex Launcher to the CyanogenMod launcher and boom - Error message when I tried changing the wallpaper.

You said that factory reset was the only option if you aren't rooted. What's the option if you are?

gnr2

Bruce Pitcairn

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

My new IRULU 10.1 tablet started that same nonsense after only having it for 4 days. I did factory reset but it still will not boot. I do not even have an SD card in it. Would it help to factory reset again or should I return it to the seller?

my '(asus) tablet did this with me and idont now what to do iget a mesage said ( Unfortunately, System UI has stopped)

plz help me... fast

Shanti Bajaj

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

It happened to my mobile too just removed battery blew the bcksidee to see if dust has caused and wow it started working

easyeriq

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I am new to this, so excuse me if I am doing something wrong. A couple of days ago I was using my tablet at work. When I got home,noticed it was off and battery dead. Charged and turned on then found unfortunately, system UI has stopped. Also have unfortunately, settings has stopped any time I click on storage. I tried resetting with no change. Please help, very frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App

Ziggle

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I had this same issue while using Jellykang, But i fixed it instantly by doing the following:

Error: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped

1: Go to settings
2: Click Navigation
3: Click Halo
4: Un-check "Enable HALO"

The messages should stop at last!
I remembered poking it to see what it was but then left it on. I found this solution by retracing my steps.

kmb6696

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have been getting the same error message for the last four or five days. I'm also getting "Unfortunately, Default lock screen has stopped" as well. I took it to Verizon and did a factory reset, but the messages are back.

pacctono

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Two weeks ago, I upgraded, my tablet Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1, to 4.2.2, after that moment I am getting the same problem "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". The tablet is not rooted. I did a soft-reset through the 'setting' and I have done several hard-reset, but still the same problem. I even connect it to the PC anf run Kies and It said that the tablet SO is updated. Still the same problem, I appreciated any help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1