S-Note lost files

TomUIC

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
So I get to class today and find nearly every S-Note file gone, every single piece of data minus 3 notes is completely gone. All I an figure out is the app tried to sync with my Note II phone for some odd reason and now it's all gone. the phone has the same empty folders on it. Anyone have any ideas?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure the answer, but I have lately experienced the same phenomenon.

I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but after reading your post I now am convinced it's a different issue.

I also have a Note2, and notice missing notes right after the message alert which says "syncing notes?"

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't know whats going on. Today on my note2, I was missing notes, with no cloud sync through samsung. Apparently, my samsung account was missing on my note 2 for some reason,. Reloaded it and within a half hour my notes were back. Missing a couple sync wise between note2 and note 8.0, but at least I got most of them back, so check your account status if using samsung account!

sent from my supercalaphablet-noteyexpeealadocious

TomUIC

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well thanks for the confirmation, obviously something is wrong and I'll toy around with my Samsung account and see if I can get anything to pop up. I understand I should have backed it up but at the same time I don't believe this to be a hardware problem nor was I looking to have it sync with my phone. Something is amiss, hopefully maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

rrazz0rr

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
BLOOD CLOT!!!

I just lost all my notes too! I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 (Bell) with the most current updates.
There are tonnes of very important notes on there from the past year both personal and business. Then out of the blue - gone!! Is there anyway to access the saved notes on my samsung account? I noticed that there is about 5GB of my s pen notes somewhere in the magical land of Narnia that I would love to get access to.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So is this a case of them actually gone or just not showing on the S Note page? Use a file manager and look in /sdcard0/S Note.

A good safeguard for this is FolderSync. This app will sync any folder you choose to one of several cloud services. Make a one way sync from your device to the cloud and don't sync deletes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

PDutton

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I have also been losing files. Fortunately for me, I regularly export files to pdf and store them. And more recently have been copying files to a back up directory. But this is frustrating! I am continuing the hunt for a resolution and will post if I find anything helpful. Y'all please do the same.

rbkbala

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I faced this issue on my Note2. I think the problem is with Samsung Account. If you delete/remove the samsung account, the S-Note files goes along with it, when you restart. try logging back onto Samsung account and resync. Hopefully your files should be back. It worked for me

rbk

be the droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of the pissed! (hey that rhymed)

So my question is: What is the CAUSE of this?

It seems to have something to do with syncing or backing up...who knows exactly? One things for sure...I do NOT trust Samsung with my data and have ZERO interest in using their servers for backup, syncing, or getting a chocolate chip cookie recipe. I will create my own automated backup ecosystem once I figure this out.

My details: I have Evernote as my "Sync account" in S Note settings. It keeps sending my notes there (even though I have "Sync turned off" in the System > General > Accounts > Evernote settings). How do I make it STOP!?! OMG VIOLENCE

I love technology -- but I HATE when it thinks it knows better what's good for you, and HIDES or REMOVES the option to control YOUR DEVICE -- or even more importantly your DATA!

Here's my mini rant from another thread I posted in about this....perhaps some emotional therapy for you guys :mad:
This EXACT same thing just happened to me...and I lost several valuable pages. I'm PISSED!

Ken, can you share how you cleared your application cache? I appreciate it.

[/rant]This is a HUGE FRIKKEN problem because the whole VALUE in taking notes and capturing thoughts in an app like this is the FREEING of our mind -- based on the TRUST we have that our ideas & data is safe to find & retrieve later. If I FEAR I might lose the notes -- I might as well scrap the whole thing because it defeats the purpose WHILE introducing stress into my life. {/end rant]

The short love affair with this paper notebook relacing app might be coming to an end if we can't restore reliable FUNCTIONALITY -- and most importantly, my TRUST in it. Triple UGH! :-\

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
WOW! I can't imagine being in that dilemma. I stopped worrying about syncing Notes and I'm glad that I did now. WHEW. If it is something to do with your Samsung Account, I suggest chatting or calling Samsung service reps. While some of them have been less that terrific, I've had very knowledgeable ones too and I think you folks all need top tier help.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone with a Note 3 try to do an import from their synched Samsung account to see if they're out in the cloud and can rain down?

'13 NeXus 7

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So I get to class today and find nearly every S-Note file gone, every single piece of data minus 3 notes is completely gone. All I an figure out is the app tried to sync with my Note II phone for some odd reason and now it's all gone. the phone has the same empty folders on it. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you (or anyone) ever find your lost S-Notes???

urakanje

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Last month I lost all my photos and videos which i took from my Snote8 ,photos and videos that I received from bluetooth, email, whatsapp etc were not dissappear. And yesterday, I lost all my 3gigs manga files, WTF!!!!!!!! First I thought It was clean master who did this, because when I clean up my memory, my video is a junk file according to the clean master application, but then it appear that I lost my manga files out of nowhere.....what the hell

andydroid4

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
bclinger! You are my hero! My Note 2 did an update and I lost all my S-Notes over past 2 yrs! Was looking on internet for ways to recover then came across your post about just turning it off and the on. It worked! My S-Notes are back! PHEW! THANK YOU!

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I would blame the samsung account too - if i need to quess. Why? When I had a samsung account (sync), everytime it wiped out my calender events and the calender was empty always after the sync.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The on/off thing has been an issue for years, since the days of Palm. As for Snonts, if you work with the pen as extensively as I do, consider a different application. The issues surrounding SNotes caused me to look at other alternatives. I settled with Lecture Notes and have had no issues.

Via my Note 3

Big Red firetruck

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 8 tablet and had the same problem recently. Here is the play-by-play:
1. Did not want Samsung and Google accounts active all the time, so I removed both accounts.
2. A couple of days later I went to use Snote and I noticed that all my documents were gone.
3. This was immediately followed by swearing and cursing.
4. Then I found this thread and started playing around.
5. Basically! I had to re-add Samsung account and then restart my tablet. Nothing showed up after simply adding the account, the reboot brought it all back.
6. Yippie, now Samsung and Google can go back to tracking my every move.
7. All hail Google and Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza