Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mdye
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new firmware update for the 2nd time this week?

Did this happen to anyone else??

- - - Updated - - -

It installed the nook app on the tablet

Default Re: new firmware update for the 2nd time this week?

Happened with mine.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Weird I didnt get an update at all

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk HD

I got one this morning. So far I have no idea what it provided except for the inclusion of the Nook app. Which I find really irritating - nothing against Nook, but one of the things I really liked about this tablet (as opposed to the Tab 10.1) was the low bloatware count. And the bloat it does have are mostly apps that I'd use anyway. If I wanted Nook on my tablet, I'd already have it on there.
    Thanked by:
    Mom2Ninjas and Synycalwon like this.

I got the nook app, but I just got one update.

Quote Originally Posted by mdye View Post
    I got one this morning. So far I have no idea what it provided except for the inclusion of the Nook app. Which I find really irritating - nothing against Nook, but one of the things I really liked about this tablet (as opposed to the Tab 10.1) was the low bloatware count. And the bloat it does have are mostly apps that I'd use anyway. If I wanted Nook on my tablet, I'd already have it on there.
    My feelings exactly! I'm also annoyed by little to no information on what is in these updates (seems like there have been quite a few lately). Someone posted a screenshot on the last one that indicated the Nook app, but I want to know more about them to justify installing them. Wish Samsung provided a change log somewhere. I've searched but have yet to find anything about it.

What really frustrates me is that there are legitimate things that still need to be addressed. I am still shocked that the keyboard will not autocorrect. And yes, I'm aware there are perfectly good third party solutions (though, much as I love Swiftkey, I don't care for their tablet layout; Kii is really the best for tablets if you want touch typing). It just bothers me because it's such a simple, standard thing you would expect any virtual keyboard to do on a touchscreen device. And it's even more dumbfounding because the included keyboard asks you to log in to Gmail, Facebook et al. and show a perfectly good suggestion to correct what you type above la SwiftKey, but does nothing to correct what you type (with the lone exception of very helpfully changing i to I.) They have come out with multiple updates since I bought this tablet and not a single one has addressed this issue - apparently, it's much more important that we have the Nook app.
    Thanked by:

I was wondering what this update was really for. Looks like nothing useful apparently.

Sent from my S2 Ep-Touch
    From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

Global Posts
    2,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

I got the update but dont see the Nook app at all??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GT-N8013 | JellyBean 4.1.2 |

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

What is the latest firmware?
    I have PDA:L14 / Phone :L13 / CSC:L12 (XSG)

I received a message earlier today through Kies that my firmware needed updating. I clicked to update and it did do the first part then a new screen came up and stopped at 12%.
    I have a really bad connection here so I don't know if the update has actually been applied.

Cheers,

Maxy