WiFi Authentication errors! !!

Victoria O

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Jason. I too had a problem connecting to my home network with my galaxy tab 2 10.1. I could connect to a public wifi with no security but not to my home network. Changing to a Static IP address as you described seemed to solve the problem. I haven't taken it to a friend's house yet to see if it could connect to their network, but at least now, i can connect to wifi in my own home. Thanks again!

rshewmaker

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem on rooted phone. Out of the blue it keeps kicking me off the first of two bands (linksys). Why one works can only lead me to believe its samsung or android. Nothing has changed on the router. Android apps could have updated crap, i don't know. Over a year of use and as of today it just started.

David Robertson2

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me thanks a lot
found this on another forum. Dont know why it works, but it fixed my authentication error issues..... At least for the past two hours :
1. Forget your network
2. Turn wifi off
3. Turn wifi back on
4. Go through scan and password process

cannot give you even a little bit of a clue why, but it worked for me

joem5636

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The problem for me was that somehow parental controls got turned on for my device. Even though the page said controls were disabled, some seemed to still be in-effect. I went through all devices turning off everything individually and then everything worked!

FalseHope01

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I recently noticed the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Camera... But I figured it was some glitch since I was having gallery problems not long before and had to do a factory reset. My issues began almost two weeks ago...
But now my boyfriend's Samsung tablet is having the same issue, too. It doesn't matter if we're trying to connect to our wi-fi, or visiting my folks to connect to theirs... Or his sister's, my cousin's, our friend's...
Authentication error every single time.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any bluetooth devices connected at the same time? I get random wifi drops/slow downs with bluetooth on and it seems to be a common issue.

Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Thoufi

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
hello frnd i found an effective solution for Authentication error first you just try to connect with a wrong password . after it show the same authentication error you try to connect with the correct password.i think it will help you for connecting your mobile with wifi at the time u got difficulty.

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just started having this problem although I have had my tablet for about 8 months. What is particularly frustrating is that I will be sitting on my sofa surfing on my tablet and suddenly I will lose connectivity due to the authentication error. I have an older Samsung 10.1 tablet and a Motorola RAZR M phone, both of which are humming along just fine on my WiFi. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread, and while some of it helps me get reconnected, I want to find out how to stop being dropped in the first place.

Kent Richardson

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
After reading this forum the following solution worked for me and has been working fine for the last two weeks. My Nexus 7 and Galaxy SII "all of sudden" started getting this authentication error. Yes, resetting modem worked for an hour or so at tops (turn off and on, or log in and resave WiFi setting). This wasn't a viable solution. I anticipate a neighbor got the same Xfiniti router/modem combo, which started the problems. I believe there are authentication problems with Android devices when two of the same model Xfiniti routers are near each other ON THE SAME CHANNEL. Hence why some of the users when they demanded an upgraded model Xfiniti it fixed the problem, since the got a different model from their neighbor. I loaded the WiFi Analyzer recommended on the forum, saw everyone was on channel 2 in my local vicinity, and switched mine to channel 8 and problem solved. Both Nexus 7 and SII connect quickly with no problems for last two weeks.

William Hood

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Well to start off, sorry if im reviving this old post, but i had the same issue (LG G3) and when i checked my router's settings, i noticed it had 2 channels broadcasting with the same name (2.4GHz and 5GHz), then after finding this i just changed the 5GHz channel name and voila, I have since to get the authentication error again. -BTW both channels even had the same passwords and it still gave me the error.

IceAge0121

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this same issue for months, and have tried everything listed here and on other forums. What seems to have fixed it so far, is that I went into the routers settings, and changed security from WPA2 only, to WPA/WP2-PSK, and encryption from AES only to AES/TKIP. Other devices in the house were having the problem, but seem to be OK now. Since yesterday at least... There's one more device to try.

NOTE: I have the Arris router/phone/modem combo. Earlier someone noted these devices might have issues cooperating wifi Samsung devices. Granted, there is an iPad in my house that was having issues as well.

darkhost

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
1. Try forgetting your wi-fi network and re-enter the password all again if that fails go to 2!
2. Try switching off your wireless router and powering it back on. If this works then its your wireless which has a problem not your phone! Ensure your phone doesnt have power saving mode on though! It might not be supplying enough power to your device.
3. Try connecting to a different wireless network just so you can be sure its not your device.
4. Everything fails restore factory defaults on your device . That should solve it! if it is phone issue related otherwise you might have to call your ISP provider to change their network settings.

Hpw2338h

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I had problems with my wi-fi/network, so i read others remarks on my case. I turned off my wi-fi for a few seconds and it worked, my network problem was over

Dumdeeumdum

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
It isn't just Android, it's Apple devices too. I thought my mum was given a duff iPad as this kept happening until I bought my Samsung and it kept happening to me - different routers too. Gonna try the Router twiddling route. Thanks for everyone's input. It's frustrating when the tech don't work:-*

Trish Mason

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have tried everything to solve this problem with my S7 Edge. Today I acessed my router and found it was 2.4 and 5 ghz. when AT&T installed they changed network password for me, but only for 2.4 ghz, the 5 ghz was still set at the default (that was the password causing the error) I changed the password to match and saved it. It seemed to fix the issue with the authentication errors and invalid password. So far, even after a phone restart it connected on its own. Previously had to manually connect it every hour or so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463