Network not in range... but the router is right there!

JulieM26

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy tablet can't detect my wifi. I see it on my network list but it shows up dimmed and with the "not in range" message. This is silly because the box is right here, and all my other devices (mac, samsung phone, htc phone, galaxy tab 7) can see it and connect to it just fine. The only way I can get a connection on my tablet is by using my phone as a hotspot. That's ridiculous... I can't seem to find a solution. I tried software update, resetting the device... Any suggestions ? I don't want to do a factory reset. Thanks if you have any idea/solution you want to share.

Last edited:

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Occasionally I experience this issue and restarting the router clears it right up. I just warn other users in the house, unplug the router, wait 15-20 seconds, and plug it back in. I can then jump right on. It usually only happens if I've been on a different network (work, etc.). I think it's more of a router issue - my router forgets to deal out a new IP address or something.

rpeters33

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with 3 different types of Samsung phones. To connect to my Wifi now I have to turn off data and then connect to WiFi. If I reconnect data, it turns off WiFi. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20