Nova Launcher Internet Bookmark Shortcut

brickford5

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out how to add an internet bookmark to my nova launcher home screen on my Note 10.1 and was hoping for advice.

When I go into my browser (Firefox) and choose to 'Add to Home Screen' it completes, but only shows on the 'TouchWiz Home' even though Nova Launcher is my default launcher.

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple but would appreciate some direction. Thanks in advance.

brickford5

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Raymond. There is no 'Browser' option. The list is alphabetical and goes straight from 'Book' to 'Contact'. Any idea why it might not be there?

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did a little searching on my tablet and found that the "browser shortcut" is from Chrome. I'm not sure if you can just use Chrome to create a shortcut but still have it open FireFox because it's your default browser. I know I've seen free apps in the Play Store that can create a homescreen icon for a bookmark. I would also send an email to Nova's developers so that they can fix the issue.

brickford5

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Definitely an oversight on the developers part but installing Chrome allowed me to create those bookmarks and I was easily able to change the default browser for them back to Firefox, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a bunch!

Philip Raymond

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Whoha! Am I reading this right?!! Is there no way to add a simple URL shortcut to Nova Launcher, without creating a bookmark in chrome and then setting up a re-sizeable "Bookmark Widget" on my home screen. That's way too many steps and way too convoluted. If this is truly the case, then I am glad that I am still within the refund period for NL Prime.

Please say it ain't so... Please tell me that I have misunderstood this thread. (It wouldn't be the first time). Surely, the guys at Tesla did not overlook putting a simple URL shortcut on the desktop?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad