HDMI adapter review

Daren Ridgway

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok just bought hdmi adapter and what a disappointment.
The picture quality is appallingly for what is supposed to be High Definition picture my 10 year old laptop is better.

So a word of warning-do not buy you'll be very disappointed.

And oh yeah - you have to have your power cable plugged into it for it to work also so not exactly portable.
Therefore if you want it on TV or projector use only DLNA
system

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
HDMI signal is digital, ones and zeroes, that are either present or not. If picture is being transmitted to HDTV, whether it's crappy or not, the adapter would seem to be functioning. I seem to recall folks having issues with the adapter seating properly in the 30 pin receptacle and with the HDMI cable seating properly in the adapter. Also, if the content you're sending to the HDTV isn't good quality, it won't magically look good just because it's an HDMI hook-up...GIGO. JMO

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm watching Fringe at the moment on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using the HDMI adapter from here: Samsung HDTV Adapter for the Galaxy Tablet EPL-3PHPBEGXAR This is the official Samsung adapter.

The picture quality is great for me, and is the correct size on my true 1080P HDTV. I noticed on an older set that is not true 1080P that I have black bars on each side. This is corrected using the correct resolution for an HD adapter. I'm not sure what the OP is referring to as to quality, but yes you do have to have the cord plugged into power during use. Which is fine for me because usually I am watching something that will drain the battery anyway. This is only because the internal power is not the same as a laptop and would not be able to drive output video otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol