Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default upgrade to Android 5.0? Is this a rumour or is it definitely gonna happen

I own a Galaxy Note 10.1 wi-fi version (NT-8010)

I do enjoy using my tab for work, play and multitasking, however I am only running Android 4.1.2 - Recently there have been rumours surfacing abound that this tablet is due for an upgrade to KLP ? Is there any substance in these rumours, if so when will it be hitting UK shores?

Default Re: upgrade to Android 5.0? Is this a rumour or is it definitely gonna happen

We can all dream. That is all it is at the moment.

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: upgrade to Android 5.0? Is this a rumour or is it definitely gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart34 View Post
    I own a Galaxy Note 10.1 wi-fi version (NT-8010)

I do enjoy using my tab for work, play and multitasking, however I am only running Android 4.1.2 - Recently there have been rumours surfacing abound that this tablet is due for an upgrade to KLP ? Is there any substance in these rumours, if so when will it be hitting UK shores?
    Welcome to the forums!
    5.0 is in the works. The thing is the bigger rumor is that 4.3 will happen first. That is the real question; When will that get released?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

What would be so good about it?

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by maxy007 View Post
    What would be so good about it?
    That is probably the reason many people scour the internet for rumors. They want to know what the big deal is. My guess would be an overhaul of the user interface.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Geez I hope not.. I'm just getting used to this one.. lol

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by maxy007 View Post
    Geez I hope not.. I'm just getting used to this one.. lol
    If it is like 2.3 to 4.0, the old UI was a springboard anyway. An overhaul, yes. But for the most part, many aspects were only aesthetically changed.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Phone Timeline

I doubt we'll see a 5.0 update before you see it on Nexus. If memory serves, Google tends to be a bit cagey about its new versions and I don't see any release notes on it so anything else is pure speculation.

As to thoughts on a UI upgrade, I have my doubts there will be much more than tweaking involved there.