How do I print a S Note? I don't have a Samsung printer.

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the type of printer you have. If you have an HP ePrinter, HP has an app that allows you to print from your phone. If you have an HP all-in-one, there is another app that allows you to scan directly into your phone. I believe the other manufacturers have similar apps if you have a web enabled printer.

If you sign your printer up for Google Cloud Print, there is a Cloud Print app.

There are some limitations as to the type of files you can print from these apps, but both will handle most file types you have on your phone. I find that the Cloud Print app will handle more file types, but some times it takes a while for the Google Server to send the information to the printer. I believe the Cloud Print app also has the capability to save the printout as a PDF.

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all of those and I can't print a S Note. I can print most stuff with those apps. I want to print the actual note itself

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of those and I can't print a S Note. I can print most stuff with those apps. I want to print the actual note itself

Don't know how. You could screen shot the note then print the screen shot

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Open the S Note. Press settings, but then select Share rather than Print (print gives you the samsung printer only option). Share asks if you want text, jpg or pdf, then offers all of your apps, including cloud print and Drive.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I also use print share with the s note. I am using a Canon printer but with printshare I don't think it matters. The app is in the playstrore and cost is $15.00 i think. But it works.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

There isn't a good way to print PERIOD. I have had this same frustration. Why can't we print DIRECTLY from the note itself!? I use the HP ePrint app because I have an HP wireless printer. Here are the steps I take: 1) Save note 2) Export note as pdf 3) Open HP ePrint and scroll down through ALL of the notes I have done this with previously and find the one I just exported.4) Open the pdf version and hit print. Pointlessly tedious.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Canon printer that is wifi and have Printshare installed, but it cost $15.00 for Printshare but as much as i use it its worth it for me. I save the s note and hit the drop down menue and hit print. The printshare app shows up and its done.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371137103508.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371137103508.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371137117360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371137117360.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 34

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Google just put Cloud Print in the Play store. There were other apps to do this before, but this one is free and properly google-integrated. It only takes a minute to set up Google Cloud Print via your Chrome browser.

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Canon printer that is wifi and have Printshare installed, but it cost $15.00 for Printshare but as much as i use it its worth it for me. I save the s note and hit the drop down menue and hit print. The printshare app shows up and its done.

Thanks that worked. I tried to print from my phone and that didn't work now I tried on my tablet and it worked. I got Printshare for free from Amazon App store a couple of years ago. My Note 2 is from Verizon so that could be the problem too. Thanks again.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Tohokuben

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the OP means that even though S Note has a "print" option in its menus, when you try to print a note it tells you that "S Note only prints to Samsung printers. No printer detected. " (?!?) There is no option to select cloud print or other printer from within S note on the Note 8. I ran into this sillyness too.

WTH Samsung? That's a Sony or Apple proprietary-hardware-esque move. I don't even think I could even find a Samsung printer in the markets here if I wanted to. Drastically limits the functionality of S Note & the Note family for productivity / business / office use. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the Note 8, but when using Google Cloud Print on an S3, you use "share" rather than "print", then choose the cloud print app. Assuming you have set up Cloud Print via the Chrome browser, it works fine.