Screen protector or not?

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
Well, I have pulled the trigger and ordered my GN10.1, and should have it later this week.
Reading all the reviews, etc. - I have seen no valid source that the display is using Gorilla Glass.
Even thought I am planning on a protective case, and treat my devices well - I can't help but think about the constant use of the S-Pen, or just casual chance of scratching the display.
I was wondering if any of you fine users have used/ are using screen protectors, or not - and your thoughts on them.
Do they affect the sensitivity and/or accuracy of the S-Pen or touch input?
What brand do you use/recommend? Etc.
Any decent case recommendations would be welcomed as well.
I appreciate all of your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I say get the screen protector. I use one from www.clarivue.com

Works great. I have used their protectors on my phones and tablets for years now. They have never let me down and you can barely yet they are there.

S pen works perfectly.

Reasonable price too

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
Exactly the reason for my question - there are conflicting stories everywhere I look. Typically, if the device does have Gorilla Glass, the reviews here in AC would point that out. System specs on Samsung's website (and other blogs/forums) do not reference it, which they usually would..
Is there anyone out there that used theirs without a screen protector first, then got one - but hated it, and decided to go without after all?
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far!!

asafoxhound

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I used full body protector (clear type) for my note 10.1, but I decided to take the screen protector off since my pen leave marks all over it. My screen look brand new without any scratches for the last 6 months. I like to use it without a screen protector because it feels so much nicer. Hope that help.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've used mine since August 25th with no screen protector, no scratches and the screen looks great. I've used it for college classes, church meetings, work, play, my 14 mo old daughter even likes to draw on it with her finger.

Posted via Android Central App

Hiroshima23

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I used a screen protector, use the S Pen constantly. Took the screen protector off because it was too much friction for me using the S pen. I have it inside a leather bound case until Otterbox gets their act together and makes a case for it.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I used a screen protector, use the S Pen constantly. Took the screen protector off because it was too much friction for me using the S pen. I have it inside a leather bound case until Otterbox gets their act together and makes a case for it.

My screen protector doesn't cause friction. Can't tell it is there.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

You had the wrong screen protector.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

volvodr66

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since Best Buy first got them and never used a screen protector which is a good test because I have screen protectors on EVERTHING else I own. Best Buy didn't have them in stock when I first picked mine up so I just told myself I would be careful with it until they had them. I picked up the Samsung flip case that has the felt on the cover when you close it and just started making sure to keep the glass clean with an alcohol wipe for camera lenses or occasionally wiping it with my hand. I think the biggest problem with scratches is letting something sit on the screen with the cover closed for an extended period of time. The movement just grinds whatever dirt or grit there is and scratches the screen.
For some reason I've never had an issue wiping across the screen with my hands because I think my skin gives enough if it runs into a piece of dirt instead of scratching the glass it picks it up even though the alcohol wipe is much better.
I've been running nakid like this since new and not one scratch, and everthing looks new.
There's no replacement for the smoothness you get with the s-pen against that glass.
Trust me I used to be as picky as they come and still am about every other piece of equipment I own but for some reason not having to stare at the edges of a screen protector starting to lift or one that's perfect except for that one tiny little bubble just increases the enjoyment of my Samsung x 1, 000.
Plus I'm 47 years old and I have a few scars anyway. You can bet I earned every one of them*too and they each have their own story to tell.
On second thought there is one above my left eye that had something to do with a motorcycle and a deer, going really fast good, stopping really fast bad. ?.......yea, we can forget that one.:(

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Every time I see a screen protector on a phone or tablet, it reminds me of the hood bra I had on my Honda Accord in the early 90's. Sure it protected the area underneath, but after a few months a bunch of crud and filth built up around the edges from rain and wind and marred the paint anyway. (In the interest of full disclosure, I have lived in Florida for most of my life--think love bugs).

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
This thread wouldn't even need to be discussed if people just used the high quality glass screen protectors that are available. Feels and looks just like a naked screen right down to the oleophobic coating.

Discussion over. Mod can close thread now.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech