Multiple user profiles on GN10.1??

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
So I've had my note for a couple days now, and I absolutely adore it! I am still getting it all set up to my liking - Nova Launcher, Swiftkey, screen layouts, widgets, folders, etc etc..
Now.. my wife has shown an interest in using it, and she has an entirely opposite interest in apps, and the like. I don't necessary want a beach wallpaper, Pintrest widget, and MyDays apps all over the screens I have so diligently arranged.
I recall reading something (I think here on AC) that Jellybean can support multiple users.
From what I remember (and I could be totally off), I was under the impression that it would be similar to a home PC: where you can select a user from the lock screen, and then their unique layout, apps, wallpapers, etc. would populate respectively to the user...
I was able to add her Google account to the accounts list - but cannot figure out how to make each a separate profile.
Is this possible (and how?), or am I just thinking of something else (another device, etc.)...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know its present in most custom ROMs of Jellybean. I haven't ran stock in so long I can't even begin to comment if its in Jellybean 4.2.x

I know for its not available on stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on my Nexus S 4G, that I still use from time to time.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not available on the 4.1.x. I am under the impression that it is a feature in 4.2.x though so hopefully we get that soon.

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
From what I've read on other forums, it looks like this feature is only available on 4.2. I'm running 4.1.2. Are the plans to bring it up to 4.2 in the future, or is this pretty much it?
Currently, the only way of getting 4.2 on the GN10.1 is to root and load CM, but I have never been into rooting, etc.
I am not opposed to it, but I have always been fine with stock, and although I am pretty technically savvy, I always have that background fear of screwing something up that cannot be recovered.
Is the GN10.1 easy to unlock & root? Any tips, etc? Or are there any alternatives (apps, etc.) to create separate accounts?
Thanks again everyone!

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have Nova launcher and also use the stock Touch wiz laucher to change things up . Not a seperate account but different home screens and setups.
But the wallpaper is the same. Not sure about the update or not. It would be nice to have.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692